Monday, June 16, 2014

"We had to fill up the font with the fire hose..."

Last week's email dated June 9th. 
 
Hi Mommy!
 
Woo! Another year down! Good job Momma! Glad you get some time to just
chillax now. I'm sure Lagoon day wore you out pretty well.  Those
kids can be a handful. What do I do to cool down...? I've totally
forgotten that cooling down is possible. Welcome to the land where AC
doesn't even exist. haha I'll be fine though. I just really miss
colder weather. It'll be good to come home when I do, and ease in to
the cold. Hey! You finally got that letter! Glad to hear they are
getting there safely haha. Sometimes I worry. I haven't really gotten
any mail in about 4 months now. Don't know what the deal is there.
Uganda Postal Service is a little bit sketchy. Moses is great! He
hasn't emailed me yet though... haha I'm sure he is doing fine though.
Investigators are disappointing a lot of the time. MJ and Peace are
gonna take a few more weeks cause they just won't come to church
regularly. Desmond is our only progressing now. He's 12 haha. Really
cool kid though, we have become good friends with that little guy.
I'll be honest, it's a little hard some days to feel like you are
effective at all, or doing anything to help anyone. But, it's all
good. Stuff is happening. I feel like the biggest thing I'm learning
out here is patience. It's required ALL throughout each day. So yeah,
I'm getting lots of opportunities to learn all about it. Man, I
graduated a year ago. Still seems kinda weird to me. Yeah, I don't
really feel too different haha. Just like I know my scriptures better.
And, I do have a testimony. That's what counts, right?
 
Exciting things? Well, the other guys finally baptized Eddy and
Noeline. That was such a great thing to see, cause they are some
amazing people. We had to fill up the font with the fire hose because
they totally forgot to get it started before church haha. I got to go
on exchanges with Elder Morris this week, but right before we started
the day, the ZL's came for a surprise exchange, so I ended up going
with my DL AND my ZL. Bleh. Lots of fun stuffs. I've been trying to
record stuff that happens more so I can remember. Kenya? I dunno. I
only find that out the night before if I go. Bombings? hehe... yeah I
won't go into all that, I don't wanna scare you. Walukuba isn't that
big. The other guys area is Walukuba West and East, and Elder Matli
and I have a bigger area that includes Masese, Soweto, Danida,
Kiramojo, and Kilembe. But yeah, It's like... size of Murray? maybe a
little smaller. It's pretty close to Jinja. It takes us 15 minutes on
a Pedal boda to get there. Oh yeah, the Wolds. Yup, they have another
mission home there(in Ethiopia). Preators are gone! I totally forgot haha. 
We have the Caspersons. They are SUPER busy though, so we see them like, 
once a transfer. They cover all of the Jinja district, so like, 8 branches.
Our district is just us 4. That's the typical district haha. 2 weeks
till transfers. I think I will probably stay another 1 or 2 here.
Matli has to go though, he's been here way too long. I hear there is
supposed to be big changes in leadership soon though. That's what the
AP's say, anyways. Haha I'll be honest, I stopped taking vitamins
like, a month in. I'll be fine, I'm eating plenty of food, haven't been
sick much, I'm good. Wait, what future grand babies are you talking
about? hahah
 
I'm doing pretty well. I'm just disappointed in our investigators
lately. We are being more blunt, and just telling them that we can't
waste our time if they won't commit. I'm stoked to get that package
from you guys. That really means so much. Especially the pictures! I
never got to see the ones on the card you sent me. Hopefully mine gets
to you guys safely. Can't wait to see pics from the cruise! Have an
awesome time, and RELAX! You deserve it! I love you momma, have an
awesome week.
 
Elder Beardall
 
Stick pull with my boy Davis.

I got caught by a little gecko!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment