Monday, June 2, 2014

Our second letter from Uganda

We received a real letter today from Jayden. I thought I'd share it with you....
                                                                         
                                                                                   Dated: May 15, 2014
Hey Fam,
  Sup? Hopefully you've gotten my other letter by now. I still love hearing from you guys. I love to hear how everyone is doing. Hopefully I start receiving letters soon. (hint hint) haha But yeah, it was awesome to talk to you guys on the phone. You all sounded pretty happy. Especially Taylor and Janna. So crazy to think that they are married now. You'll get those grand kids after all, Momma!

So yeah, guess you wanna hear about all the stuff going down here.  Well, nothing very different. No one in the district got moved...Means I'm still with Matli. Hopefully people will start feeling an obligation to come to church. We really haven't been getting success lately. Don't know what we are doing wrong, so we just keep going, I guess.  We have some really great investigators, but they just WILL NOT come to church.  Hopefully they can pull their heads out. Sometimes I just wanna slap em, ya know?

Anyways, I just wanna tell you about my boy, Moses. He's this guy we are teaching. His son, Brian, came to us and wanted to know who we were. So, he took us home, and we met poppa Moses. This guy, he's a Boss.  He used to be a Muslim, heck, his dad OWNED a mosque and a Muslim school. Well, his dad died and Moses converted to Christianity, all the other Islamic bros were mad at him. So there's been a huge dispute over who gets the land and all that. He's basically on an Allah-hit list! So he's scared to make any move into our church. BUT! he's the most powerful investigator I've met.  He truly understands our purpose, and he really knows the apostasy is really what happened. Most amazingly, he's read all of 1 Nephi, 2 Nephi, Moroni, and 3 Nephi so far in the BOM. AND he has marked it all up. He's fantastic.  We have a bap date with the man on June 8th. Hopefully, he'll be ready by then. We bring Brother Iga (Elders Quorum Pres.) to the lessons, because he used to be a Muslim before he was baptized 14 years ago. Powerful fella. I'll let you know how he's doing, don't worry.

So, life, yeah? It's goin. I'm struggling, some days wondering why I'm here. One thing I've come to notice is I'm really down on myself, and I can be so hard on myself.  Some good scrips I've found to combat these feelings are: Hebrews 11:40JST, Hebrews12: 5-7, Romans 14:22, Alma 41:22, Alma 41:15, D&C 46:11-33. There are a bunch more, but I don't wanna list them all. Oh, assignment.. Go read Alma 34:37-41. Then tell me 7 things you have to do "work out your salvation". Awesome stuff.

Hey, I love you guys. Thanks for supporting me and being awesome in every way.

                                                                 Elder Beardall


No comments:

Post a Comment