Monday, June 23, 2014

"Transfer news is big this time around!"

Momma~!
You still are and will always be my momma! You rock man. Transfer news is big this time around! Lots of things happening. I will be staying in Walukuba, and they are moving the DL the our side and I will be comps with Elder Cockbain. He's a white  South African and he is seriously the coolest guy ever. He's been my ZL in Masaka and he was ZL in Iganga just last transfer. But, now he's comin to be with me. He's a big ol guy, played on a high up rugby team, and is just straight up hardcore. I'm stoked. Matli is just goin over to Bugembe with Elder Lassig. I'm excited for him, Lassig is a really cool guy. He's the one I met at the choir concert before I left. 
Our baptism with Desmond went really well. He's a good kid. Yeah, this week has just had more death and all that, but I'm getting more and more used to it by now. Chris got in a huge boda wreck, and he got pretty messed up from that, but he'll be okay. And just Saturday night, we got a call at 10:00 from a former investigator. He said he is dying and he needs us to be there. We go to his mud hut, and find him on the floor just screaming in pain. From what I guessed it was some big ol bone infection or something, cause his body was super hot, and he didn't have any wound or anything. And his leg has been hurting for a while. Well, we sent him off on a boda to the hospital, and now he is trying to get money from the church to pay his bill. Won't stop calling us. Oh boy. That was my week. Pretty long, not too many lessons, and just more disappointments, but I'm happy. Even if the situation sucks, you can always be happy. MJ and Peace didn't make it to church cause he had work, so we'll be pushing their date back a little. Moses' wife is nice, but very stubborn. Bleh. Cockbain and I will have to do some good finding. Glad you liked the photos and videos. Those are always fun to get. I've been taking plenty, don't worry. I love doing it haha.
Woo! Package! We'll see if I get it in the next 4 months! haha Yeah, I've seen a lot of packages coming in that have Jesus on the box. Thanks for sending that. You guys are the best. Yeah, we'll see if my mail ever comes. The Wallaces, a senior couple, come every week from Kampala to church in Walukuba and give us the mail. Glad you are enjoying the summer vacation. Right now I would probably be sitting at the pool hating my job haha. Glad I'm out here instead. Lindsay got a promotion! That's awesome to hear. Hopefully Tay gets his. He has a wife now! Dang... Still a weird thought. You guys seem to go camping a lot nowadays. I can't wait to be able to join you guys. Maybe one day I will come back to Uganda and camp in the DEEP villages. That would be siiiiick.
Thanks for the pictures. I always love to see em! Man, transfers were crazy this time. So many things happened. That wave hit haha. Lots of new leadership. Elder Peterson is a ZL in Nsambya, and Elder Rollins is a ZL in Kabowa. My brothers are getting old! Hey, funny thing, Iganga's new ZL is Elder LeChaminant. He's from Alaska. Just thought I'd tell you that cause you were just there... ha.
Hey, I love you guys. Thanks for being great. I really appreciate all you do for me. Can't wait to hear from you next week!
Elder Beardall

Desmond got DUNKED.

Root Beer floats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, we made the fermented root beer again...

No comments:

Post a Comment