Monday, June 16, 2014

"I've been surrounded EVERYWHERE by the World Cup"

This week's email... 
 
Mommy!
 
This week has been one of the longest I've had on my mission. Not so
much that I wasn't doing well, just so much stuff going on, and a lot
of stressful things. Glad you got the letter finally! Just let me know
if there are any questions you are having about any photos or videos.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to view those pics haha. They aren't
the same format as my camera's photos, so that's a no go. Don't you
worry, I'm still taking lots of the photos! You'll have a lot more to
love in the future! I want to be your spoiled baby though! Haha You'll
always be my number 1 momma! Patience is key out here. Always the
thing that I need to work on, and probably the biggest reason I'm here
haha.
 
I'll know transfer news next week. Just one more to go on this one.
Investigators are doing alright. We will be having Desmond's baptism
next week, and maybe the week after that we will be baptizing MJ and
Peace. We also have a guy named Emanuel who finally came to church.
I've never taught a guy who listens so well. He really just gets the
best questions ever, and sees how great the church is. We watched a
conference talk with him by Pres. Monson, and that really helped him
out a lot. People really like to know more about the living prophet.
But, you know there are all the normal disappointments. We will be
dropping more investigators this week. Moses, unfortunately will
probably be dropped. He knows the church is true, but his wife is a
STICKLER. Straight up told us that she thinks we are devil workers and
she will never let any of her family join our church... So yeah. We
will visit Moses every once in a while, but can't really teach the guy
anymore. This week... bleh. 3 more people we know died. Desmond's
Aunt, or I guess you can say Robert's (Elder's quorum counselor and
Desmond's dad) sister was sick and passed away. Then we found that our
RC Angela's sister died in the hospital just on Friday morning. Then
as we were walking by one night we found a huge crowd at a member's
house. We went and asked what was going on and it turns out that their
baby died suddenly. To add on top of that, Eddie and Noleen weren't
legally married I guess because of some mistake in the system, so they
might be getting re-baptized next week. They were pissed, and I was
the lucky one who got to talk them through it or 3 hours haha. Things
will work out though. Elder Morris and I went on exchanges on Tuesday,
and we talked about some really great stuff. You know, he's become a
really good friend of mine. Glad to have him. I've been surrounded
EVERYWHERE by the World Cup, so I know everything that is going on,
whether I want to or not. Africans love that stuff.
 
Ahh the cruise! I'll bet you guys ate like kings. I miss good food.
But that's okay, I'm pretty much used to being extremely full from
platefuls of posho. You saw whales! That's awesome! Glad you got what
you wanted. That sounds like an awesome trip. You need to just chillax
for a week or two. Soak up that summer break!
 
I can't wait to get the package. You guys are the best, hope you know
that. So, fun thing I'll tell ya before I sign off. Elder Wright, my ZL, 
is related to me. His mother's maiden name is Beardall, and we went and 
looked it up. We have the same great great great grandfather, who was 
the first convert in that tree. Cool right? Francis Beardall. That was 
fun to find out haha.
 
Well, I love all of you, hopefully I can get some pictures to you
guys, cause there were some good one's this week. Thanks for all you
do, and have an awesome week!
 
Elder Beardall
 
 
 
I love this kid, and I love his shirt.

Ask him, go ahead.

Me and the cool kiddos of Masese.
Again, the cool kiddos of Masese.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment