Dated May 24, 2014
To my whole Fam-Damily,
I'm writing this letter so I have something more than just a card to send. Be yeah, I'm finally sending all my pictures, all thousand of em. Hopefully the card gets the okay, and no one steals it. If there are any questions, and I'm sure there are, about certain pictures, just let me know. Enjoy!
Anyways, I'll just tell you a little bit about life here for a moment. I'll give you some better deets in the emails to come. Basically, things are taking a very different turn than we expected. We've worked to find so many new gators, but haven't had a ton of success. But what HAS been happening, is the Lord is putting us in the exact right place at the right time. We've been able to progress people, find and contact, and befriend people from unplanned circumstances. It's been a huge blessing, I'll tell you that. We might be having like 5 baptisms soon. It's exciting. I've begun to feel a deeper love for this work too. Rather than just herd people in and dunk them, we are noticing that we are helping people in a much more profound way.
Stuff is still moving here. We have all the meetings, study, schedules, all that junk. It gets tiresome and boring fast, haha. The comp is still good for the most part. A lot of annoying things, but we work through them. Don't worry, are are friends.
My mission is beginning to be a much different experience than I though it would be. Not in a bad way, though. Let's put it like this: I'm becoming who I never thought I'd be. I've lived through many years of self-pity, laziness, unhappiness and it's just felt like I've never had a chance to break free, or to change in any way. Took me a while to find this out, but I know this work is true, I know the church is true, I know Christ died for our sins, I know each one of us is entitled to happiness and peace if we do our part to obtain it. I know we have living prophet today, and that Jesus Christ Himself is leading His church. But most of all, I know that God loves each and EVERY on of His children. Just remember that God id good, and remember that He has put us in unique situations, and provided us ways to grow. All we need to do is make use of the means He's provided. Only THEN will He deliver us (Alma 60:20-21).
I love you all so much, and I'm excited to hear from you, and hear how you are doing.
Remember to pray anywhere and everywhere (D&C 19:28).
Elder Beardall
Here are just a few of the pictures he sent.....
And here a few videos he sent....
No comments:
Post a Comment