Monday, June 8, 2015

"Yeah, people are taking good care of us."

Hey mommy.
You're not gonna miss my weekly emails when I am home, trust me. You'll probably just get annoyed of me again! haha Yeah the area is doing great. Some disappointments with our progressing gators. Just some funny funny stuff happened to a couple of them and they moved so they aren't there anymore. So yeah. Still going though. The area is getting a little bit easier to navigate, but I'll tell ya, it's still super confusing. Slowly, it's coming. So yeah. Charles is coming along. He didn't show up at church yesterday, and his phone has been off so we don't know what's up. We did have a cool family we taught this week. Martin and Rosette. Really cool people. Just had a powerful lesson and gave them a BOM. They are amazing people. Really curious. Yeah, people are taking good care of us. They really like to feed us here. Like, we are getting it 2 or 3 times a week! haha I know it's nothing compared to UTAH missionaries. Spoiled punks. Elder Salisbury's working hard and we are having a great time. I am walking a lot here. And to make it worse, it's like, ALL uphill. Kampala has a ton of hills, and I've been in flat places for a long while. So it's killer haha.
Spiritual thing. We taught a guy yesterday on exchanges. Elder Wekhanya and I found this guy named Joseph Kirungi. He was a big 'bible man.' Really just had so much focus on the bible, and he had some concerns because the bible didn't have Joseph Smith in it, or this or that, and it was going no where. But then we just talked a lot about the BOM and really focused on how it is another witness of the same Gospel taught in the bible. He just got quiet as we testified, and it was a really cool experience. Hopefully he prays!
Funny? uhmmm... This guy walked up to us and said "Do you know Jesus Christ? If you do, then maybe you can tell me how old he was when he was killed!" We told him, " He was 33 years old." Then he stood there with a blank stare on his face for a minute. Then said, "Well, tell me how many children he had when he was on Earth!" We told him that it doesn't say in the Bible, and he just flips out and yells, "You're deceiving yourselves!!!!!" and then he just ran off. So that was kinda fun.
It WILL be weird to adjust to 'normal' life again. We'll see haha. That isn't a bad idea to do that general ed classes thing. I will have to explore some options when I am back. I was talking with Elder Chabra, the medical adviser about possible medical fields to go into, and I really liked the idea of anesthesiology. It just sounded really great, and felt good. So I might look into doing something like that when I start looking around.
Man, that sounds like you have some awesome stuff to do in the next couple weeks. Don't have too much fun. Save some for me! Haha. Oh, and you don't even know how bad I miss Purple stuff! ahhhh I want that drank!
Mom! Thanks for being the best. Really, you are the best. I hope you get some nice rest and relaxation this week. Don't forget to be happy always! Love you!
Elder Beardall

No comments:

Post a Comment