Hey momma!
Happy 'Merica day to you, too. I probably won't be doing
very much. I am a little sad I have to miss the fireworks, but it's all good!
Elder Salisbury.
The guy is just the best. We are still going strong together, and the work is
great. We are seeing some awesome miracles here, lately. One really amazing
thing happened just yesterday. But, we can rewind to earlier this week. So, we
got a referral from Bishop Ondoga. He seemed really excited about it all. It
turns out to be his step brother. Nowm, this guy was just living in the
streets, drinking his life away, and really just depressed and stuffs. Anyways,
what Bishop does is goes and picks this guy up, buys him some clothes and shoes
and gives him a hair cut then brings him to his dad's house. The father welcomes
him in, and all is good. He meets with us, we have a powerful lesson and give
him a BOM. Just a great investigator. Well, while waiting for Bishop to come
and meet us so we can go to the next appointment with this guy, Francis is his
name, Bishop shows up with some bad news. He had gone there before us to see if
he is around, and he just got blasted by the father. I guess Francis's father
took work off that day just so he could meet the missionaries and tell us off
for allowing a 'Satanic book' into his home. So that kinda ruined it all
because Francis is reliant on the father. We had to stop the teaching. Well,
Stake Conference was yesterday in Kololo and we go there and have a great time.
Francis shows up with a big ol smile on his face. We were really surprised to
see him there. We talked a little more and found out that the father was fired
from his job the very night that this whole shin-dig went down. He then
encouraged Francis to attend our church. So we are going to go and see them all
tonight and even hopefully teach the father. Sometimes it takes being compelled
to be humble. Miracles are plenty, that's for sure.
But yeah, that is awesome, and we have some really great new
gators this week. Things are really starting to look good for our area. I am
super happy about it all. Yeah, the culture really is just normal to me now.
I've just changed a ton. In small ways. I really look at things a little
differently I think, haha. I can't think of stuff that sticks out to me. I
think that will come as I experience home again. So I'll let ya know! haha. At
Stake Conference yesterday, the whole theme was on temples and family
relationships, and the speakers were just so powerful. It was cool to see so
many saints gathered in one place. Made me really satisfied to see that the
church WAS strong in Uganda.
Man, that looks like you guys had a great trip. It looks
like a really beautiful place. You and Dad are just awesome together. I am so
thankful to have the best parents in the world. Man, Connor is coming over all
the time. Does it help you miss me a little less? Or more? hahaha. Don't worry,
these weeks will fly by. I want them to go a little slower just so I can be
here for a little longer, but we all have our time I guess. I am loving it
here, Mom. Members are feeding us EVERY SINGLE DAY THIS WEEK. Man, life is good
haha. We eat the normal local food. Rice, meat, posho, matooke, taters, g-nut
beans, all the goods. We only eat big like, once a week because that's just how
we budget our money. I'm just really thankful that I have the opportunity to
serve.
Man, that is cool that everyone is going on missions. It's
all going by so fast. It really hasn't even hit me yet. Salisbury is just fine. He is a little
weirded out to be leaving, but he is still committed. I am lucky to finish his
mission with him. I really hope I will train. I think it is likely. I'm feeling
good! I'm just a little chubby. I don't need anything. Haha even if I am
wearing rags, I will make it just fine.
I really am trying mom, to send photos. I know you probably
hate me because I keep disappointing, but I'm really sorry. These computers in Kampala are just whack
and won't load my card. Hang in there, I will get some off eventually!
Thanks for emailing Momma. Glad you had a good trip. You are
the best mom I could ever ask for. Love ya tons!
Elder Beardall
No comments:
Post a Comment