Monday, June 1, 2015

"It's just mugagga land over here."

Hey hey momma!

Wow, the new area. This place is crazy. First of all, it's HUGE. Second, it is so dang organized. I am used to serving in the bush, and now I come here. People are on time, they have meetings, they discuss things that are actually important, heck, the ward even has a choir! And they sounded pretty decent! 
 
Kampala is doing awesome. It's just the best. The area is really wealthy, and different than anything I am used to, but it's good. The work was dead when we got here, so we are kind of having to bring it all back together. KFC is expensive so it like a once every 2 weeks kind of thing. But man, we had it today. WOW. Dangit. haha. The area is powerful. The ward is just so helpful. I love it all. It's gonna be good.
 
Leaving Lira was a little hard, but it's always hard to leave somewhere haha. Kampala is pretty sweet. Nice food, nice people, nice ward, nice P-days. Everything. We all got together (the missionaries in Kampala) and played some sports today. There were a TON of people. It was weird to see everyone. 

But yeah. Things in Mutungo are pretty good. We came into an area that really didn't have anything going on. One of the missionaries before us got sent home a few weeks before, and the other one just finished up his mission. And he was working with the other guys in a threesome so we really don't have much going on from the previous missionaries. But we do have a baptism coming up for the 14th. He's a cool guy named Charles, and he has come to church many times. We are teaching some really great people. Kampala people are way different though. They are a little more prideful, but when you find the elect, you know they are elect. So it is easier in some ways, harder in others. But I'll tell ya, our area is FULL of rich people. So many nice houses and gates. Jeez, it's just mugagga land over here. We are just stoked to get going on things. Elder Salisbury is doing great. He is a little stressed about going home, but he is doing great. 

Some really good things are happening to me, I feel. First off, I am working out harder so I should be able to lose a little weight, and Elder Tolman and I are going to the gym to lift every other day. Even the work is awesome here. We get some really quality referrals, and families are much more important to people here. I am just really excited. haha. 

I have found on my mission, when someone is stubborn and doesn't wanna do anything, the only thing you can do is become a better example. I have found a lot of strength in asking the question, "Lord, is it I?" Don't worry about my time. It's YOUR time! haha. Woo! Murray is the best. Dang Kearns though. Yeah, I totally wanna coach with Connor. That team will be unstoppable. I just gotta get back in shape so I can show those youngsters how to REALLY play.  Man, it seems like everyone is just doing awesome right now. That makes me really happy.

Yeah, I am still the District leader here. I don't really have much to do though, because we are in the house with the ZL's. Yeah, Elder Wulfenstein, Elder Rollins, and Elder Peterson were all at sports today. It's nice to be able to see all those guys again. Did I tell you that Elder Peterson is an AP? He is haha. Powerful guy. 
 
Did you know that elephants stay pregnant for 2 years?
I've almost been in Africa as long as an elephant will have a little baby in its gut. Neat huh?

Mom, you are the best. Thanks for the love and prayers. I have a lot of hope for this coming week. It'll be a good one! Love you momma!

Elder Beardall

Sorry... no pics today...

No comments:

Post a Comment