Monday, June 22, 2015

"The work is just awesome."

Hey momma!

Yeah, this week was a good one. That is so cool that you guys are by the ocean, that really seems like a great trip for you two. Yeah, Anne did come with Pres. Hunter, and it was awesome to see the both of them. Elder Cook came to do a mission tour, so he saw all the missionaries in the mission. It was a super powerful training. Transfer news will be in 2 more weeks. I honestly think I will train. Don't worry, I'm not gettin' too trunky. It is a weird feeling almost being done, but I'm okay, really. Anyways, the work is going along really well this week. We had some good success with new people to teach. First off, we should be having our baptisms on the 5th for Prossy and Charles, then we should be having a few for the 19th. Joseph Tuwine and his daughter. Just humble people. Really cool. Excited about the gospel. Then we have a guy named Michael Komakech who has been less active for about 2 years. He was baptized with his daughter and the rest of the family was hardened from some anti-Mormon stuff or something. So he went off drinkin' for a long while. But he came back, and wants to repent he said, and he wants us to teach the rest of his family. That means 4 kids and a wife to teach. It'll be great. Then we also had some new investigators come to church randomly, so that is even better. The work is just awesome. To top it off, the Chatfields came to visit for church in Mutungo yesterday, and we just had the best attendance ever. Highest in any branch or ward in the mission. Mutungo ward will be splitting soon hopefully, and also getting a chapel. It's only been around for 5 years! This place is good, I'm tellin' ya.

No really great stories other than the work this week. Mostly just the same stuff every day. Teach a few lessons, struggle with someone who doesn't speak English, get confronted by a drunk guy, it's all normal haha. Oh, I had hippo meat this week... By the way...

Haha mom, if you are stressin' over a few windy roads, you would die here. We went into Owiino market today, which is in the center of Kampala, and it was just so hectic. Traffic here is insane. You would just die if you saw it. People know the corners of their cars REALLY well here. I am so tired of vehicles in Uganda. I can't wait for sane, normal driving on paved roads in Utah.

That sounds like you guys' trip is really good so far. I am glad, cause you really deserve to have a nice relaxing time together. I wanna see the redwoods one day. That place seems really cool. It seems like everyone back home is doin' great!

I don't really know exactly when I will be traveling or anything. I think I will be home on the 21st in American time haha. That is just my educated guess from seeing others go home. So I think I will be home on that day. That is so weird to know that Jordan is home... dang. I really am gonna be the last one, huh? No problem. Everyone will just have to be at my homecoming I guess. 

Well momma, I hope your trip is just the best. Stay happy. D&C 136:29. It's a good one! Love you so much! 

Elder Beardall

No comments:

Post a Comment