Hey momma!
So I will most likely be calling on Christmas night, but I might call early morning for a little bit, too. That means, your Christmas morning, but maybe a little bit on your Christmas Eve haha. I will be calling on the Holyoaks landline phone. Then I will call on the cell phone. They have us buy a SIM card here, and we just call with that. So yeah, expect a call on Christmas morning. Woo! I'm so stoked to call you guys. Make sure you have some good questions ready for me, cause I don't wanna waste a second not talking to you guys! Man, Petey and I are really just working HARD out here. It's awesome. Exhausting, but awesome. We should be having 2 baptisms next Sunday. One is Ronald, who is the brother of a couple of RC's. He's pretty cool. But the other one is JOHN. HE IS A CHAMP. I honestly could see him being like, Branch President some day. He is super on the ball, and just a really smart guy. He is such a strong guy, and he has a legit testimony. I have a lot of hope for him. We found a new guy named Adam this week. He is really just ready to hear the Gospel. He was telling us he is having a super hard time deciding what church he should join, and he believes that there can only be one true church, and he is just super humble. I really hope I stay in Masaka next transfer, but I know I probably won't haha.
Yeah, we have a few appointments on Christmas for food. They usually feed us the same local food everywhere. Posho and beans, maybe some Matooke, or fish, or if we are really lucky, they make up some G-nut sauce. YUM. By the way, Posho is super not delicious. It is literally just water and maize flour mixed and cooked to a rubbery substance. It's EVERYWHERE here haha.
You should be proud of me, I haven't been opening those presents! I'm actually waiting! haha Man, thank you guys for that extra money. I'm gonna go look around town today see if there is anything that catches my eye haha. And the packages? They are the best thing in the world. Since you can't really send a lot cause of money, make sure you REALLY pack them! haha. We made those brownies you sent for my birthday just last night. DELICIOUS. You are pretty good at really Tetris-ing those things into boxes, so good job! haha
Transfers are in 2 weeks. I really am kind of dreading them though, because I will most likely be transferred, and that means no more Elder Peterson, and no more Masaka, and no more HOLYOAKS. I'll sure miss those Sunday nights...
Oh, man, don't tell me about that. You guys are making goodies? ugh I wish there was something sweet to eat around here! haha. It's all good though, the Gospel is pretty sweet, so that works. YOU need to enjoy the cold for ME! It's been so hot here this week, and there hasn't been any rain at all! I actually was kind of sick this last week. I had a pretty wicked fever, and my stomach has been upset really bad, and I've had a nasty headache, but I'm all good now. Don't worry bout me! aha
Haha, I will try to think of something good to tell the ward. Maybe just like, you know, Africa is NOTHING like everyone thinks, so stop thinking it's just a bunch of people in loincloths. While there is a lot of that, it's not the general thinking, haha. WHAAAAT? The Hills are moving?? That just shatters my entire universe. That is good that he got that position though! Tell them congrats!
Yeah there is no such thing as a Christmas program. People are super surprised that we don't have a service on Christmas. People see it really differently around here. Christmas is the one time you go to church in the year, then they REALLY celebrate Boxing Day. Weird right? They all go clubbing, and boozing on boxing day... Oh, Uganda...
I really am excited about Christmas. It will be pretty good I think. I just wish the people understood better what it means to have a Savior that gave us the opportunity to repent.
I love you momma, thanks for the support! I can't wait to talk to you on Wednesday. It's gonna be so great to hear your voice! aha I will try to find cheese, but I won't find any here in Masaka, I can guarantee that haha. Love ya!
Muminsini Dubu Dolle
Here is me and Pete on the Equator, obviously.
Our little Christmas tree with all them presents! Woo!
Did you like my little creation? Africa eggs.
No comments:
Post a Comment