Monday, December 16, 2013

"Croc farm was...Lame"

Momma,
How the heck are ya? I love getting YOUR emails. They make MY whole week. You rock, mom. 'Nuff said. That picture with the kids is also my favorite one so far haha, it was so awesome. Yeah, Zone Conference was siiiiick. We got to spend the whole week up with Elder Cockbain and Elder Bitter. They are some really great missionaries and leaders. Couldn't ask for better ZLs. Zone conference taught me so much. Basically I learned a lot on how I can stay motivated, and actually find joy by being out here. It was just a huge confidence boost for me. Oh man. 
This week has been tremendous. Elder Peterson and I are doing some major work out here. We just got 3 bap dates last week, and we found some amazing people. We really are starting to find and teach the wise and learned and rich out here. It is a miracle, really. This guy, John, he is so amazing. He is the only person who has ever called me to confirm an appointment. He is a referral from the branch presidency. He works at a bank, and is just the most curious and loving guy I have ever met. He really loves the things we teach him, and he is so prepared to receive the gospel into his life. He will be baptized on the 29th of this month. Whew, he's a champ. Elder Peterson is from Nevada, just north of Reno. He is a super solid guy.  
Croc farm was... Lame haha. It really wasn't that great. The guy wouldn't let us hold the baby crocs even. He was too scared to go grab one for us. My shoes really had to dry for a few days because of the whole river experience, but it's all good. They are supposed to be worn out by the end of my mission, right? haha. Rainy season is over every time it stops raining. There really is no such thing as a rainy and dry season.
Christmas. I really can call whenever I think. But the best times is either the morning or night. So if I call at night, It will be your morning. I think I might plan on doing that, just so I can talk to Taylor for sure haha. Oh, and you KNOW I'm gonna buy some cheese! whoohoo! Haha Thanks guys, I really appreciate that. I am going to get a few gifts for people around here today. Oh, sweet. I will totally get a picture for you as soon as I get that tie!
Ha! Remember when I sang at the last Christmas party? Oh man, good times. Haha that is great to hear that everyone from the ward is doing well. I sure hope they are. That is a fun little saying from Kolby haha. I am kind of looking at the blog every once in a while too haha. I see that you linked all my buddies' blogs on there. It is fun to see how everyone is doing. I really hope I can be helping people back home. That is what I want the most. You guys really do mean a ton to me. We kind of have a few decorations. We found a tiny little tree in town and got it for 10,000. Then we found a little banner somewhere. So it kind of works. But it doesn't feel like Christmas here yet haha. No one really likes to celebrate because they all have to work on that day. And there's the whole no snow thing. It's just dusty. I have really started to grasp the happiness from Christ this season though. I am glad I am seeing what Christmas is really about. Remember, Christmas is about giving, too, and the only thing that we can really actually give God is our will.
So yeah, things are going around here. Nothing too exciting. There was a little girl who just peed on the floor in the middle of sacrament meeting yesterday... I got to mop it up. Oh boy haha. Also, we had a guy named Brian come, and he is from China. Weird to see someone who isn't black at church. He is volunteering at some organization, and he was baptized 2 years ago in Australia. Really nice guy. But yeah, we are gonna make ROOTBEER today because Elder Morris' family sent him some extract. I'm stoked. Haha You guys rock. Hope the going is good! Love ya!


**********************************************************
Email to Dad...

Croc farm was okay. Not too much to see other than a bunch of dead chicks, and crocodiles doing nothing. 
Dad, I think about home a lot, but I am getting better at turning those thoughts into positive thoughts about home, like how much the Lord is helping you guys because my labors out here. So Keep telling me how you are doing.
I hope all the Christmas prep is going well. I miss the snow, and I miss having the Holiday like it used to be, with the nice cinnamon rolls and whatnot. But this Christmas is going to be a special one, I know it. I'm glad you liked that pic! it's a good one, huh?
It is kind of weird to see Tay getting hitched, isn't it? It's super good, and exciting, but weird to think it's actually happening. 
Me and Pete are doing super well, I really enjoy him as a comp. He gets me working hard. 

As for the trash problem, this place is more than dirty. IT"S FILTHY. There aren't any garbage cans. All there is is a bunch of piles of trash, and they get rid of it by burning it so it really stinks haha. 
I really hope things are going well for Lindsay. I want to see her happy, is all. 
Thanks for the love, Pop. You da man!
Elder BEARDALL.

Croc and 


Me and Elder Pete


With Elder Peterson in Masaka

Jungle Elder

Someone's home?

No comments:

Post a Comment