Monday, December 9, 2013

"Oh man! The grasshoppers!"

Momma!

How are ya? I am currently typing on a laptop in an internet cafe because all the computers were super destroyed from viruses haha. Whew, this week was insane! So much going on! ZDM is Zone Development Meeting. Yeah. But zone conference was super great. We had a good time with Pres. Chatfield. He really is a remarkable guy. We spent the whole week at the ZL's apartment, and went tracting in their area. It was... interesting... Some guy came up to us and started asking for money, nothing out of the ordinary, but then he just whips out one of his volleyball sized man parts and tells us that we need to pay him so he can get his elephantitus fixed... Gross haha. Another thing, we went to see a Mzungu family that was living in Kabowa. They are from Canada, and they were super nice and great members of the church. They fed us well. It was kind of fun to actually talk with real white people for once. I have a lot of good pictures to send, so let's hope I can get some off to you today. We went to go and eat ingera a couple times. HOLY GOODNESS. It is like, the best tasting thing ever. Go to that Ethiopian place in town and try some, its super nice. I really liked it, haha.

So those were the highlights of my week. Anyways, yeah, Elder Peterson is a champ. We are getting some great work done, and we should have a few baptisms this transfer. We are finding some great families. The Branch is doing alright. It is still super hard basically organizing the church here. haha. The primary kids' letters got to me while I was in Kampala. They are super funny. I am going to reply them sometime, I think. I am not really getting any Christmas stuff except what you sent me, so go ahead and send that package. haha.

Oh man! the grasshoppers! There are a ton in Masaka. It is known to have most of the harvesting in all of Uganda. They are okay. Nothing too tasty, but not bad. They are called incinninae. Super nice. I am not really getting tan... the Doxy is making me super white. haha. It sucks, but it's better than having malaria, right? I am so excited for Christmas, we already have 4 dinner appointments, plus we have the Holyoaks! haha It will be great. I really am more thankful for everything I had back home, and I am excited to be an RM. Just because how differently I am going to look at life.
So, One thing I forgot to tell you about was a super awesome storm we had on Saturday. It was the most rain I had ever seen in my life. We had to run a good 40 minutes home in it, and we basically trudged through a river the whole way. It was the most insane and epic thing I have ever done ever. Plain and simple haha.
Well, we are going to head to the Crocodile farm for P day, so I don't have very much time. I hope you all have an amazing week, and please, tell everyone to WRITE ME LETTERS!! haha It is so nice to have a good handwritten letter every once in a while. Thanks momma, I love you a ton. Talk to you next week.
Much love,
Elder Beardall

 Elder Beardall playing with the children

Ingera- Favorite Ethiopian dish

No comments:

Post a Comment