Monday, December 2, 2013

"I'm in FREAKING AFRICA. That still blows my mind every day."

Hello momma!
Right now, I'm in Kampala. we have a really busy week this week. We have ZDM and Zone Conference. So we get to spend the whole week in this hectic place. I really miss Masaka haha. It's nice and small over there. Man, this last week has been a good one. I said bye to Rami on Monday, and had to go with the other Elders until Friday, waiting for Elder Peterson. Finally, he got there, and he's just a super stud. He really is just a powerhouse. I was really happy to see my brother again, and be comps with him! We have had a ton of work the few days we went teaching. Man, those are some SPIRITUAL lessons. Wowza. He is a great teacher, and since we learned in the MTC together, we really do teach alike, and it just flows so smoothly. I'm super glad to have him around. I get to be the senior comp because I've been in the area longest. Oh man, Thanksgiving was killer. The best meal I've had here. Super nice of the Holyoaks. They are so cool. They go home in like, 6 months. They live down in Centerfield, Utah. They owned a slaught plant, and a farm, and they are just really, really cool people. You should hit em up when they are home. That would be cool for you to meet them, I think haha. They aren't humanitarian, they are MLS. Member Leader Support. They basically teach how to run the branch, and help out with A LOT of stuff. They are way busy. They teach institute and other stuff all the time. Hm... New investigators. Yeah, a few. We are really starting to get a vision of the people we need to be finding, and we have found a couple of families, so hopefully all goes well with them. I'm trying to get you guys a Christmas card, but it might be a little late. I'm having a hard time getting things to send, or get a picture printed. Sorry... But yeah, that package... SWEET.
I'm staying healthy, and I'm learning to enjoy it still every day. There are way too many lessons I've already learned that I can't even count. Wow. I'm already like, a whole new person, and this whole Africa thing... It's like, part of me now haha. I'm in FREAKING AFRICA. That still blows my mind every day. Oh man, I tell you mom, the Holyoaks made a great Thanksgiving, but it will never EVER compare to a meal cooked by good ol momma. I can't wait to have a homecooked meal in like, 20 months haha. No African drums. This place really is completely different than you think haha. It's not what everyone thinks of when they hear I'm in Africa. It's like, the run down poverty stuff mashed together with the after-product of America. If that makes sense... haha
Awww man. I can't wait to watch movies one day... haha I really miss shooting too! Make sure you keep the list of stuff for me to do when I'm home. That's too bad to hear about Walter. Man, he was such an incredible guy. He really is in an awesome place right now. I just wish everyone could have the comfort of knowing that.
Holy craziness! Marriage. That's still so exciting haha. I'm sure you'll find something to do with all of it haha. That phone call is gonna be really great! I can't wait to just be able to talk to you haha. Maybe then I can get a little closer to describing this place. We'll see. Yeah, the scary life-threatening stuff... I'm writing a list in my journal so I can just tell you those when I'm home. I'm trying what I can to stay healthy. It's a miracle that all the missionaries here aren't sick all the time, or getting killed. We really are so watched over. I am really just getting super tired lately. Elder Peterson is gonna stretch me to my limit haha. It's all for the best though. We are going to go get some shopping done in the 'nice' supermarkets in Kampala. Man, I really have to visit this place again some day. Maybe I'll take you, or dad, of my wife or something. But I really just want to come again and capture the beauty that isn't in the cities. It's super dirty around here. There's no such thing as a garbage can haha. Thanks for being such a great mom, and thanks to everyone for being such great supports to me. I really do hope others are benefitting from my service. I love you all, talk to you next week!
Elder Beardall


 Ugh. I have awesome pictures to send, but I can't get the computer to read my card here in the cafe. This place sucks. Sorry... I really just don't like Kampala... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment