Monday, February 2, 2015

"Yep, that's right, Elder Beardall baptized a guy in LAKE VICTORIA."

Hey Momma B!

Haha no one here even knows what a groundhog is! Things are alright this week. Some hiccups in the companionship, as usual, but other than that, things are going well. The positive attitude is all that can get me through the days, and it really works. I have had some really special moments this week. Nothing super extraordinary, but just very faith building to me. I'll just say I spent a lot of time on my knees this week haha. 
 
The font. Holy dump. Still sucks. We started filling it on Saturday, and it was leaking a little bit, then the water shut off. So we tried again Sunday morning, and the water came, then shut off again. So yeah, no baptism... in the font at least. We went to the lake. Yep, that's right, Elder Beardall baptized a guy in LAKE VICTORIA. Sweet, right? haha. We just called up a taxi and stuffed all our investigators into it and drove for 2 hours to the lake. It was a great experience. It actually made me a little trunky, because I got to go into the water a ways. I miss that stuff... But yeah. Richard is super happy. It was quite a process to get him into the water and out because of his condition after his stroke, but it was all good. Worked out great. We have great gators. We really do. We should be coming up on some 5 baptisms on the 22nd if all goes well. So yeah. The work is awesome. I guess there are reasons for every missionary in every area. It doesn't matter where I am, I'm gonna love the work. Everyone in the whole zone thinks I am getting transferred next month though. To Mukono, Jemba's home. Oh boy... haha.
The struggles this week were plenty. But so were the miracles. First off, Christene, our investigator, tried to commit suicide. IT was pretty devastating to hear, but we have seen her since and she seems to be doing a lot better. She really is a great lady. It's just so plain how much she needs the hope that the Gospel brings people who follow it. Lets see, we also found out that our RC Monica, got in a fist fight with her best friend... She's 17. Wanna know the result? She got thrown in prison... Yep. Now they are asking for 3 million shillings to get her out. The police are so corrupt here... So we are including them in a fast this week. As for miracles, we got to give a lot of blessings this week. None to members, but only investigators asked for them. It was a really cool experience to see people show such faith in something they just learned about. We went to go bless Brian and Steven's Grandmother. She is 88 years old, and paralyzed. We went out to her and blessed her and she was just crying tears of joy afterward. She said that she just felt a lot better after that. Then, we went to Brother Geoffry, our RC, and he asked us to bless his little baby sister. This little girl, just 9 months old, had some really bad stuff going on. She was just screaming and wailing and crying a ton. She was feeling pretty sick. So we blessed her, and slowly she quieted down, until we said "Amen." When we opened our eyes she was fast alseep. The priesthood is so real. I love it.
Man! No way! An African in Utah! that is so sick, I have to meet him when I come home. Give him my email, yeah? Man, that is so cool. Do you know what part of Jo-berg he's from? How does he know Cockbain? They are far from each other... Is he a Xhosa? Zulu? Hey, I have heard about that sister missionary. She is from Gulu branch I think. That is so cool. Man, I love South Africans. Tell the guy hi for me and that he needs to shoot me an email. It's kinda cool with African missions, because no matter who you talk to, you know someone in common in some other part of the continent. It's all connected in a really cool way. Haha I don't feel like a 'fixer' I don't think. I feel like I am learning a lot more from these guys than they are from me.
That is nice to have a student teacher to show the ropes to. Maybe she can carry on the Legacy of Mrs. Beardall. Nah, no one is good enough to live up to your name. Man, I can't wait to meet my new family members! It's just great. Man, it seems like life back home is just great for you guys. I really hope it is. I pray for it every day. You guys are the best. I love ya! Thanks for being so supportive, and loving. I can really feel it. I hope you have a great week. Love you!

Elder Beardall



Ol Richard at the beach

In Lake Victoria right after the baptism. Siiiick.

I miss water dangit!

No comments:

Post a Comment