Hey Momma!
Everyone out here just calls me 'Bear' haha. This week
is going pretty good! Not too bad at all. Our house is falling apart like
always, and all of our drains are completely clogged. So we can't take a
shower for longer than like, 45 seconds or the whole house will flood.
Fun stuff hah. I actually haven't had a chance to see any of the
missionaries coming from Sierra Leone. None of them got transferred to Jinja. I have
heard all about them. They are opening up more areas now and all that.
Like Masaka, it's got 6 missionaries now. Yeah, I'm glad to be here for
another with good ol Cockbain. I really do like change, but I guess
that's something I just have to learn out here haha. 5 transfers here...
I'm hitting a year real soon and I'm still in my second area. Whateves.
The work is still going along out here. Not as many new investigators as
we'd hoped for. We are still just trying to get the branch strong so we
can help them and they can help us. That's really our big goal. Things
don't move forward in missionary work unless the missionaries and the
congregations are working together. Haha you should have seen it yesterday, We walked for a solid 45 minutes
in POURING rain. I got really wet haha. I won't miss all the muddy
roads around here. That really isn't a fun thing.
Yeah, this whole Ebola thing is
getting a little crazy. It's spreading fast. Hopefully they can get it
under control. Don't worry, I'll try to do my part. I'd rather not die just yet.
We went to go watch a baseball game that our new friends were
playing in. Yeah, they have a whole league, it's awesome. Anyways, we
went to go watch the game and look for some teaching opportunities. This
totally wasted guy comes and sits down next to me, and just tells me
ALLLL about his life. I got all into the doctrine and taught him about
the restored church and how we have the opportunity to repent. He was
all quiet after I said that. Spirit was super strong, we committed him to
stop drinking and come to church, but like most people in Walukuba, he
didn't show up, and he gave us a fake phone number. Hopefully he calls
us one day. Things never really go smoothly. Oh well, just gotta keep on keeping on.
It's kinda weird that my year mark is coming up now. It
really doesn't feel like it. I look back on the last year, and it went
by really slow, but also really fast. I can't really explain it. Things
are a little slow right now. I think that's just because of the area. I love
it here, but I run out of energy fast haha. Oh, and no, I haven't gotten
your letter yet. I haven't gotten any mail for the past few months.
Man, that sounds like you guys really had a good camping trip. That's
cool you got to see some wildlife. It's really not that surprising to me
anymore. I have seen a lot of animals out here haha. I wish you could
see it here. That was cool that
the Grands got to come with ya. And that the Selphs were there. Go you,
for feeding everyone. You're a champ, momma. Hahahah that's fantastic. You guys just
witnessed a police pursuit! I wish I could have seen that. I loved
watching Cops. That poor fence though... Are you guys gonna have to get a
new one? Or what's the deal with that. Yeah, I knew about the calls to
Taiwan. Crazy stuff, huh? It's kinda strange that everyone is leaving on
their missions now. That was me a year ago. Bleh, sorry you have to go
back to work soon. Summer went by fast, huh? I can't wait to just have a
day to rest, and not have to worry about anything when I get home. I
tell you, those are the first things I will do. Eat and sleep haha. I like
being busy out here, though. Makes for some good times.
Man, I really miss the temple. When was the last time you guys went for a
session? I would suggest going more often. Really, being without it for
so long out here, and seeing everyone that wants to go there so bad
really makes me love it. I miss it! haha Take advantage of all the
availability you guys have!
Elder Beardall
| This is a view of part of our area. |
| This is Paul. He doesn't really speak much English, but he's preparing for his mission. Really neat kid. |
No comments:
Post a Comment