Hey momma!
Transfer news
is in! I am still stickin around here in Walukuba with ol Cockbain!
Haha this is gonna be 5 transfers here. I'll hit a year in my second
area. Crazy stuff. Anyways, Sidumo is still gonna be here also, and
Allred is going over to Bugembe to be with Matli. We are getting Elder
States in the district. He's a big Poly guy. It'll be a fun transfer for
sure. But yeah, that's the exciting stuff I'm sure you were wanting to
hear haha. Anyways, thanks. I worked hard on that Rolex. I will make you
guys some prime rolex when I get home, and you'll never want a normal
breakfast burrito again! Yeah, with the gators, it's just such a
struggle right now. People are lazy as ever. And some have terrible
bosses that just don't let them have any time off, even for a couple
hours to go to church. There is a lot of opposition, ya know. We are
working a lot with members so we can start getting some rad referrals.
That is the plan as of now. So we have gotten really close with the YSA,
and we are working with auxilary and priesthood leaders a lot. That way
we can help the branch, and help our gators. I've noticed a real hard
thing about this mission. Nothing that can't be worked around, but it's a
real stickler and it's annoying. The humble people are the ones who
are going without a lot of things. Nice housing, good food, all that.
The problem? No English. What are we supposed to focus on?
English-speaking people... haha so that causes a smaller teaching pool
for sure. It's okay though, really, just means the Spirit really needs
to be there to touch their hearts. Chris, the one who was really
struggling with alcohol, has completely stopped. He is actually really
close with his wife now, and they are so happy. He is doing well in his
job, and not beating his wife anymore, and those were our two BIG goals.
Now, we just have to focus on baptism. We'll get there.
Yeah, we do a lot of American things, for not being in
America. There are tons of NGO's and all that charity stuff. I tell ya
this, never donate to an 'African Charity.' It's all a load of garbage.
Stuff just goes to rich people who sell it in markets. If you REALLY
wanna help, come here and deliver stuff personally. There are a ton of
hippie white people. Especially here in Jinja. They are doing stuff like
building tiny schools make of scrap metal and wood planks, and think
they are saving the world in the process haha. But yeah, there still are
some good organizations going on around here. We don't work with them,
really. We try, but they don't really buy in to anything.
Ebola, huh? You heard all about that? Yeah, I was gonna tell
you all about it today. Momma G's daughter was serving there. Anyways,
they sent home all the missionaries for 3 different missions. Now we
have 14 from Uganda that were serving in Sierra Leone that are going to
be reassigned into our mission. They are all flying in today or
tomorrow. Crazy stuffs! There has been Ebola lockdowns before, where you
just have to stay in the house. It's nasty stuff. So that really does
help our mission a ton. We don't have to keep closing down all the areas
anymore! We have been really low on missionaries in this mission cause
there aren't any coming in, so this was kind of an answered prayer.
I love that in life,
people can change and improve every day. It's just so great.
Haha hump day is just coming in a couple weeks, huh? That's
kinda weird. I've gotten so used to this place. Haha but there are
things I think I'll never get used to. Like yesterday, this lady in the
branch just gets up to bear her testimony. Let me tell you this, I felt
like I was in a born again church for a whole 20 minutes. This lady just
gets up there and PREACHES. Holy heck it was scary funny. Hah, she was
like yelling and stuff. But it's all good. No false doctrines were said.
Whatever. This place always has something new around every corner.
Alrighty momma, I hope you have a wonderful and productive
week. Just don't overwork yourself! Take some time to relax before work
starts again haha. Love you momma. You are the best.
Elder Beardall
 |
| Creepy mud doll. |
 |
| Me and this cool puppy we found. |
No comments:
Post a Comment