This week wasn't too bad. I'll make
dang sure that my first reply gets sent this time. Sorry about that
again, it's just ridiculous. Yeah, you are the only one, cause I have to
log in on the basic HTML so it goes to a different format. You are the
first one I email, and then the internet picks up a little bit after
that so I switch versions, and it just gets lost. Ugh. It's a little
hard to concentrate right now, there is a HUGE commotion going on
outside. I don't know what it's for but everyone is just driving by
honking continuously and everyone is clapping and yelling and it's
really loud. I don't know if it is a holiday or a wedding or whatever.
Yeah, hump day was this week. I forgot it was hump day until about 4 PM.
Then I turned to my comp and said, "Hey, I'm a year today." That's
basically all the attention it got haha. It was just another day. And it
didn't really help that we had no power or water for 3 days again
starting with Thursday.
Haha glad you liked that drunk dude. There are a ton
of funny guys like him around. We run into them every night. So, I've
got some kind of sad news. Remember Benard and Jacky? He is the less
active RM that is living with Jacky, a non-member preparing for baptism.
We have been trying to get them married so Jacky could finally be
baptized. That was going all well, and then Benard just loses all
interest, and starts gambling and drinking, right? Well, just last week,
he beat Jacky up pretty bad after they got in an argument. That was
super crazy. We went to go see her and her face was all swollen and she
had bruises everywhere. We talked for a while and found out they are
going to separate. I say thank goodness. Benard can go and be a super
Apostate member if he chooses, but he shouldn't drag Jacky down with
him. The good news is when this all gets sorted out, she will be good
for baptism. Just keep her in your prayers, okay?
Yeah, not too much more going on. Lots of rain this
week. HOLY FETCH these people are REALLY loud... Yeah, we have received
instruction on staying clear from Ebola. Not too much precaution, mostly
just stay away from coughing people and wash your hands a lot. It's not
bad in Uganda yet. I definitely don't wanna get it. That stuff
suuuuucks. Cockbain and I are doing pretty good. The area is getting a
little dull, cause I've tracted every house here now, but we are still going. I think I will be transferred next time for sure. 5 transfers is
pretty unusual for this mission, and I don't think I will hit 6
transfers here. Yeah, I hear from others pretty often. Peterson and
Rollins are both ZLs now, and everyone else is DLs. I'm the only normal
missionary out of us left I guess. We aren't supposed to call other
missionaries anymore cause that was a big problem some time ago in the
mission. There was a LOT of gossip and stuffs. We mostly just email
each other. You can call for like, referrals and stuff though. I got to
see Oliphant today. He's in Mpummede right now, so he is pretty close
by. Other than that, I haven't seen others very much. Matli is there all
the time. Bugembe is REALLY close to Walukuba. Rami is finished with
his mission now, just hanging out in Madagascar. Fun stuff haha
Dang... sorry to hear about all that with Grandma.
It's really something that we just don't have any control over, I guess. I
will send Grandpa a message after this. I hope things start to settle
down soon.
Back at school... sorry bout that haha. So you have
some good students this year? that's good to hear. You have had some
pretty rough ones in the past haha I bet that's a relief. If any of them
acts up tell them that I am coming back from a hardcore big-bad African
mission and I'm gonna hunt em down when I get back.
Well momma, hang in there.. I'm gonna keep you all
in my prayers for sure. I love you so much, and thanks for being the
best ever. You rock my socks off.
Nkwagala nyo nyo nyo.
Elder Beardall
No comments:
Post a Comment