Momma,
It's goin! This week
was a good one. Full of disappointments again, but that's just normal
haha. There are always good things happening in between the hard times.
No, we didn't get Robert and Alice married. We are trying to work with
them, to convince their parents that they don't have to follow the false
traditions of their fathers by paying dowry. It's a huge struggle right
now. haha. Hopefully one day. Yeah, I got tripped jogging. Tore my hands
up. Oh well, life goes on. It just sucks because when the big guy falls,
he falls hard. Yup, that jump rope is great. Thanks! I'm super stoked
to spend some more time with my boy Matli. Such a good kid. Elder Sidumo
is really great too. He's all into LOTR and stuff too, so I get to have
some rad conversations with that guy. Man, yes. Recipes! Give me all
you want, I'll use em. They have really helped a lot. The new
missionaries are having a really difficult time getting visas. There
were 3 new ones this transfer, and none of them got their visas, so they
all are getting trained in Rwanda. Actually, ALL of Africa is having a
difficult time getting the full work visas. There is a group of about 12
guys who've waited for about 3 months so far to come to this mission
from the states. I've only been able to see half of my brothers. Still
haven't seen Rollins, Taylor, Morley, or Bennion yet. They've all been
scattered.
Hmmm... most spiritual thing? We watched the
restoration video with a guy at church, his name is Erik, and he was so
into it. He really just loved it, and he actually recognized the Spirit
touching him, without us having to explain how we can receive an
answer. He's super powerful, just needs to come to church...
Glad to hear you guys are busy too. That's always a good
thing. Narrow roads? Tons of cattle? Dirt? Sounds just like Uganda. Haha
It's gonna be so weird getting used to paved roads back home. Woo!
Lindsay got a job! Finally! Good for her. Still kinda weird, that Taylor
is getting hitched. Awesome, but weird. Can't wait for that invite!
That'll be great to see.
We should be having conference next-next sunday. I'm super
stoked. Sounds like there is a lot of good stuff in this one, I can't
wait to hear it.
I've got the picture finally and it's
going to send well, so don't worry, I'll be at the wedding. I will be
sending you guys a card through the pouch hopefully this coming week.
The pouch with be better and safer I think. But yeah, thanks for the
great email momma. It's great to hear from you guys. Oh, before I end
this, I wanna tell you something. We went and did some digging for
service one day, and 2 days later, we moved a bunch of bricks to build
another house. Well, in both of those service opprotunities, I happened
upon snakes. Yup, 2 foot long snakes just jumpin out of the dirt, and
out of the bricks. Don't worry, I killed em. Just thought I'd tell ya.
Walukuba is just super fun, isn't it? hahahaha
Love you guys, can't wait for the mail.
Elder Beardall
 |
| Jayden in his wedding tie. |
 |
Hey, look at this cute little girl!
|
 |
| Another picture for the wedding. |
 |
| Just a little snake. |
No comments:
Post a Comment