Monday, April 28, 2014

" I guess I look just like a bunch of old choir guys."

Hi mommy.
This week. Ugh haha Lots of just really frustrating things. I'm totally fine now, but it was a pretty rough one. Walukuba really has a lot of frustrations, lately. Good stuff, though, is we had Zone Conference on Thursday, and General Conference on Saturday and Sunday. ZC was awesome, but Chat-daddy had to blast us a little bit. There's been a lot of people using their own phones, or iPads here in the mission, and you know, that's not really authorized haha. But yeah, we worked on contacting people, and also on teaching the Restoration. I got some really good scripture references out of it. That's been a weak point of mine. Getting good scriptures, and remembering them. 
Conference was TIGHT. So many good things I pick up as a missionary. We even had some investigators show up to the Saturday and Sunday sessions! But yeah, I really REALLY enjoyed the talks this time around. I really liked Elder Ballard's talk, and how he urged missionaries' families to study PMG (hint hint). Seriously though, PMG can help anyone be awesome. It's the best. I heard some funny stuff from people during conference though, haha. Several people, while watching the MoTab, made comments to me that the people really resembled me. I guess I look just like a bunch of old choir guys. And it was really cool during the songs, because you could always hear people in the congregation singing along with every hymn. I liked that.
But yeah, life around here. It's interesting. We have a couple of progressing gators right now. One is Boney, and the other is Justin. Both great guys. They were a referral from an RC. And man, they are SOLID. We set bap dates with them, and we have been teaching the lessons with lots of success. They ask such great questions. And yes, we try to bring the YSA as much as possible, but a lot of them are really reluctant to do so. It's funny, we got this gundi that works with us a lot. We call him 'Supa Geoffry' cause he says that before everything. "The church is supa true, I'm a supa member of the chapel." He's just got a lot of funny stuff to say. Oh, and he wears beanies EVERYWHERE. He's got his papers in, so might get his call soon.
I'm getting okay at cooking I guess. I make breakfast every morning for me and Matli. Those recipes are the biggest help though. I can throw stuff together, that's easy. Don't worry, I sent off a letter today! You'll probably get it in like, a few months. I haven't recieved any letters for 2 months! Excluding the ones in the package, those were really nice. Still rains a ton. We just started week 5 of the transfer, so it'll be on the 11th. Miracle? I guess I can just say Conference. It was really a great thing to see how it actually applied to th ework here.
Don't worry, I'm really not getting too homesick. I'm past that stage haha. I really don't know about the phone call yet... Might be able to pull off Skype. Maybe. Oh, and don't worry about the wedding. I'm not too trunky about it. I'll be there, so I'm good. Just make sure you send lots of pictures! Sorry to scare you... hahahah And don't miss me too much! Just enjoy the wedding. Man, when you say people get mission calls, you gotta say where! that's exciting!
Don't worry, I've only had a few more dangerous experiences. haha kidding. I'll be safe. Thanks for the love momma B. I love ya right back! Hope you all have a wonderful week.
And a few thoughts from his Dad's email....
Hey Pop.
Lulz, a new sister hahaha. that's so weird to me still. HA. Not much rest. Dad, you dog.
Marriage. Fetch dawg. Everyone is getting hitched. I'm doing well. This week was a rough one.  Pres Chatfield said something at ZC last week. SW-SW-SW-SW. Some will, some won't, so what, someone's waiting. Love it. I'm not supposed to kiss people out here... And the frogs are all poisonous...
Transfers are in 2 weeks from today. I think I'll stay and Matli is leaving. He's been here for 4 transfers, and its his first area. I'll be fine. The phone calls don't make me trunky. I'm excited to talk with you guys though. I hit 8 months a week ago... it is weird. It flies by, but it also drags by. It's hard to even explain.
Love you nigga. I am excited for the letter. I haven't gotten one for a while. Peace peace
Elder Beardall



Look at this little guy. 3 months old hahah.

Found a guy with this shirt. Thought you'd enjoy it haha.

I got a rad pic of an eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment