Monday, April 21, 2014

" I wish people had a real view of who Christ actually is."

Hey hey hey momma!

This week was... bout the same as last week. Lots of disappointments.
Yeah, death happens. He's learning a lot right now I'm sure. You know,
the only reason anyone goes to the burials of people that die is for
the food. Honestly, no one even cares about people dying. No one even
heard about Mark. Life is pretty boring for people, I think. Either
they just sit around all day and do nothing, or they work. Music?
Terrible haha. It's all the same sounding, and it's all a bunch of
people yelling. I'll have to bring some back for you guys, it's
actually quite hilarious. They really try to be like American hip-hop
stars. Yeah, the dowry thing has just caused more and more problems,
but what do you do? It's just so frustrating when you have something
to offer people, but you can't give it to them because they just don't
want to change any part of their lives. Thing is, most of the time,
it's difficult to see any difference because of my work here. But, I
guess that's what I'm here to learn, isn't it? I try to dwell on the
positive things that happen in this place. It's really difficult
sometimes, but I'm trying.

Let's see... last week, we had a LOT of new gators. Found some great
families, and had some wonderful referrals. So there is some pretty
good hope for a baptism this transfer. We'll see if there's any more
surprises for us. We brought our branch president with us to a lesson,
and he just blasted the guy. Totally just told him to repent, and went
off on some tangent. Don't know if it did any damage haha. Easter...
No. We really didn't do anything. Only difference about the day was we
had a few more people at church. You know, the whole twice a year
thing haha. Yeah, but everyone 'celebrated' Easter by going and
getting drunk and partying. Sounds like a blast. haha I wish people
had a real view of who Christ actually is. The apostasy is so real
here. A lot of churches just use the name of Christ to get money or to
yell and dance in their churches. Hopefully my efforts are helping
people come to more of an understanding of what it means to be a
Christian.

Cool people in the Branch... Well, we have some awesome
YSA. They are the hope for the future of the church in Uganda. But
yeah, we really have a few amazing leaders. Especially our guard,
James. He's the young men's pres. He's just this wise old man who is
ranked #3 in Uganda for chess. I've never been able to beat him. Or
even get close. No, we really don't see Mama G anymore. She's gotten
super apostate. She got mad at us for not giving money to people who
beg for it. A lot of people get mad at us for that.  I get frustrated really
easily some days haha. I am so STOKED for the good food when
I'm home. Can't wait for it! haha we had a Zone Activity today,
where we cooked a ton of food and got together to eat. Matli
and I made Kota. South African dish. Super good haha. I would love
some more recipes. Those things rock. No, we really don't have down
time, and no time to blow off some steam. I'll just hold back on
telling you a few things about last week that you would rather not
hear... hehe.

Glad that Janna has everything under control haha. That's good that you
guys are helping out where you can though. Nice! you got the cutout!
That's awesome I wanna see it!  haha I'm tryin to forget about home.
It's just difficult to adjust to this place. Just... yeah. I think by
the time 2 years is up, I'll finally be adjusted haha. New things to
experience every day out here. I'm stayin safe, and I'll be fine with
all the deadly animals and all that, don't worry haha. I'm gonna try
and send you pictures this week, but I might not get any cause the
internet SUCKS today. Thanks for the love, it's much needed. I love
you guys back! Have a great week!

Elder Beardall




We fermented ROOT BEER BABY!

Look at this creepy Santa photo I found here...

No comments:

Post a Comment