Monday, March 17, 2014

"Yeah, it's officially rainy season."

Mommy!


We are doing a lot of work. This week has been a little discouraging, but it's still goin. Satan has done a lot of work on the people last week. 2 of our progressing gators are not progressing whatsoever now. Charles... He left his wife cause he thinks she had an abortion, and now he's sleeping around and going to bars all day long. Robert just plain rejects coming to church, and wants nothing to do with us anymore. Yup. Plus, we got bounced a ton this week. A lot of our appointments fell through. All we can do is work harder, I guess. Couples around here... just don't really understand. They never want to get married. Might be because of money, and we do marry for free, but people are so stuck in the false traditions of their fathers. It sucks haha. Matli was only gone for a day. He went out in the morning came back around 10:00. I don't really know about my visas. I guess the mission is having a really hard time with visas lately. There are 40 missionaries waiting to come to Uganda. I have been keeping in touch with all the bros. They are just great haha. It's fun to hear all their experiences too. 
 
 
The branch is really struggling. It's the worst one in Uganda right now. We have about 450 people on record, and about a 90-100 church attendance. So we are really trying to do a lot of work finding less-actives and finding ways to get them to church. I get to eat meat. It's alright. I paid a little too much for a tiny steak for lunch today, haha. Ugh, rest doesn't exist! haha I will rest in another year and a half. Funniest thing? Oh, I really don't know. This week has just been kind of a downer. Most spiritual? Well, we had 3 RM's come back, and they bore their testimonies to us, and that was actually really powerful. I was having a really rough day, and that just turned it around.


Sorry school is crazy haha. Just stay strong, alright? haha I don't ever think I could be a teacher like you are. That just seems hard.  I MISSED PI DAY. Oh well. Don't really care haha. Oh, and that reminds me, Happy St. Patty's day! Whoa, Tay is pretty old, isn't he? They took the engagements??? Nice! I need to see em! Aww man, you guys sold the bug... That makes me kinda sad haha. That cruise better be worth it! Ahhh, I really do not have much time, and dad writes me a HUGE email every week. I take pictures so I can read them later. It's tough to reply haha. I will make sure to get him a reply this week. I will get that picture next week, I PROMISE. I seriously just keep forgetting to wear that tie on a Sunday haha.


Woo! I really think that would be cool to see Pres. Hunter, though I doubt I will. Hopefully that thing arrives safely! I would really appreciate a package that isn't torn apart! hahah Yeah, it's officially rainy season. It rained almost every day this week. I got soaked a lot. That rain jacket? Yeah, doesn't really stop the rain very well hahah. I'll manage though. Yep, I'm wearing a green tie right now. Pretty fun, I know. I'm tryin to find the happiness, don't worry. The people made it pretty hard to love em this week, but I am still managing to do it! Thanks for the encouraging words momma. Your the bomb. I love ya!

Nawo nkwagala,
Elder Beardall



Matli in a plastic bag!

Engrish.

Our guard,totally asleep.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment