Monday, March 24, 2014

"Hey, let's go to the church!"

Hey hey hey Momma!

I love hearing from you too! This week was a little better than last week. We had to drop a lot of our investigators, and that was a little disappointing, but we are starting to find some more, and we are really focusing on the LA's in the area now. We actually did some research on Google maps, and found out that there are blocks, and house numbers in a part of our area, so we figured that out and recorded all the addresses for those we know. It'll help the future work haha. I've been trying to work harder lately. Whenever I get in a funk, I try to just work harder. That usually fixes it. Elder Matli has done nothing but encourage me. He's a wonderful missionary, and a wonderful guy. He's been a little sick, but he's still going strong. We are setting up some better programs in the branch right now. For our FHE for the YSA group, we are doing things that are more fun and planned out. Tonight, we are making cakes. Sick. Ha... Lots of rain. I might need to find a new rain jacket somewhere. Our clothes get so dirty around here... I get just covered in mud. All the streets and paths are just dirt, so it gets really muddy sometimes. New people I've met? Hmmm... met a few crazy guys, met a Born-Again youth pastor that wanted us to pray for him so he could have the power to convert us... Yeah, not gonna happen haha. Yeah, that whole Coke thing? Load of crap. I'll still drink soda, but seriously? I don't think I'll get a parasite by anything other than not washing my hands. Don't worry about me dying, I'll be fine. I've only done things that should've killed me a couple of times this week.

Dang little kids being all rowdy and stuff. You just need to slap em up side the head. Give a nice ol chamboku (beating). Just tell your kids if they don't behave, I'm gonna come after them when I'm home with a ponga (machete). Whoa, new Stake Pres. Crazy. I think I might know who that is.... Maybe. I'll just have to see him haha. How long has Pres. Hunter been in? I don't know if I'll hear from him at all while he's out here. That would be really fun though haha. Dang! 57 missionaries? I'm the only one in Africa... Man, that's cool haha. Aww man, I haven't heard from Timmy for a long time! I miss that guy. Tell the families I say hi!

I took the pictures, but I looked at them just this morning, and they really didn't turn out well at all. So... Yeah. Next week! I promise! Hopefully I'm not pushing it too late. That's good to hear the planning is going well, though. New bedroom? Nice. Man, Carly needs to get a man. Lindsay needs to get a job. Fetch. Life is still moving on back home, isn't it? That's a weird thought, truly. That'll be nice to get out on a nice little trip. I would love to do some camping here...  This place has some really amazing places. Especially here in Jinja. There's all sorts of river rafting here, and all the fun stuff. We went and ate at a cool restaurant today. We were on a barge that was tied to shore, and we could touch the Nile. We were just chillin, eating giant burgers ON THE NILE. Sick, right? I really want someone to come back to Uganda with me some day. That would be stellar.

I love you guys. Thanks for all the support, and thanks for just being awesome. I just want you all to know that your words really do help me have the Spirit with me. We had some really cool moments this week. We were just walking along, and our investigator rides by us on his bike. His name's Dennis. And he's just like, "Hey, let's go to the church!" So we go and have a lesson, and he hasn't been to church yet. We go show him around, and get to the baptismal font. Then a member that was there just comes up, bears his testimony about how he was 're-baptized' here, and it was the best decision of his life. Then he just walks off. Thing is, we have been really pushing for Dennis to pray about baptism, and if he needs to get baptized again (other than his Catholic baptism when he was a baby). He just sits down, and lets us know that that was an answer to his prayers, and he knew it. Man, that lesson was super powerful. Ahh, Dennis is gonna get baptized. He's rad.

Alrighty, I gotta wrap it up. I love you guys! Love to hear from everyone. Have a great week.

Elder Beardall

Giant spiders. Bigger than my thumb. There were about 50 of them right by the door of the church. This one is dead, but man, I guess they are a really dangerous species.

We made HAWAIIAN HAYSTACKS.

The Nile.

No comments:

Post a Comment