Monday, March 10, 2014

"So more fun stuff to deal with."

Mommy!
Hey. Good week, ya know? Really busy this week. I am your grown up baby, aren't I? Haha you should see all the babies here, it's so different. They all just sit in the dirt naked. And their faces always seem to be covered in snot for some reason. Yumm. Yes, I like it here. There is a lot more persecution, but it's really a great place. The Branch is really weak, and that's what we are working on at the moment. Matli is the MAN. I seriously love that guy so much. He's just fantastic. Yeah, we are actually trying to cut down on the whole 'visiting mammas' thing. They are taking too much of our prime proselytizing time. They really are some pretty extraordinary women though. The gators are great! Not many came to church yesterday, so that was a let down, and there have been some really dramatic changes in some of their lives recently, but yeah, not too bad. Roggers was baptized yesterday though, and that was super powerful. But yeah, one gator, Charles, was going strong, and getting ready for the water, when his wife had a miscarriage at 8 months. He's convinced that she had an abortion, and ran off with some other girl. Wonderful. So we are trying to deal with that. Another, Boney, got his hand super messed up. Got this big ol gash down to the bone. Annnnnd another thing, Steven, who is also super ready for baptism, can't be baptized. He knows the Gospel is true, but his wife refused to get married, and she literally said, "if you think that we are going to split up, then you are going to have to kill me." Great. So more fun stuff to deal with. BUT, the work is going pretty well. We had ZDM, and interviews from Chat-daddy this last week. Brought up some really good goals for the mission, and got us all motivated. Matli had to take a trip to Kenya a few days ago to renew his visa. Don't worry, I'll try to stay safe! haha there's so much you don't even know...
You know, I DO have an interesting blog, don't I? I think it's just the pics. I've checked it out a couple of times, and you really are doing a great job of keeping up on it. Thanks for that, it really helps. Elder Bitter just has some hilarious experiences on his mission. Super funny. Strangest thing? Hmmmm... Fufu is just terrible, and Kalo is pretty weird, and Mukene is the MOST disgusting thing ever. Dried up little fishies that have just been sun baked for days. They smell awful, and taste worse. Other than that, it's mostly the normal local foods. Posho, Matooke, beans, rice, Irish taters. Ya' know. Oh, I have eaten a lot of Nsenene, and fried white ants. Not bad. If you like the taste of dirt. Best thing? Well, we treated ourselves just barely and went to a full blown Mzungu restaurant. I got pork chops.... Almost died cause they were so good. Anything you wanna send momma! You guys are the best. WHAAAAAT? Pres. Hunter is coming? Crazy. I hope I get to see him while he's here.
Bleh, work sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with all the difficult stuff. Whoa. Spring Break is in 3 weeks? Weird. Every day just feels the same here. Same weather, same schedule haha. AHH I'm sorry I was planning on getting that picture yesterday. I'll make sure you guys get it next week. I'm so stoked for tat cutout. Gonna be sick. Moog parties are SWEET. So is space. Really really neat. Aww man, why are you selling the bug? That makes me wanna cry...
I'm REALLY doing pretty well. You know, there are struggles every day, but I am trying to get the mindset that 2 years isn't enough time. Thanks for the email this week. I really do enjoy hearing from you guys. Helps me get through the week without really worrying about home or anything. You guys are just the best support ever. Thanks for all you do, hope you have a STELLAR week.

Elder Beardall

DIET PEPSI WHAAAAT?

We cooked some steaks on an open charcoal pit. Tasted great, but kinda ruined us for a couple days. Never trust a Ugandan steak.

We had a guy come and clean out our attic cause it was kinda stinky. Found an entire bed of dead bats up there. Neat.

Roggers gets dunked!

No comments:

Post a Comment