Monday, February 17, 2014

Leaving Masaka

Momma Beardall!

Hey. That's awesome you got my letter so fast! It cost me 7,000 to send it... haha. I'm glad you liked it too! And yes, it is a miracle that I got the package all together. I did get all that stuff, and it's just the BEST. Bacon is seriously such a lifesaver. I just love meat. Speaking of meat, we had PULLED PORK SANDWICHES last night at the Holyoaks. By far the best thing to ever happen ever. Delicious, really.

So, we are sending a sister on her mission tomorrow, and are taking Elder Sithole in for a dentist appointment to get a whole new tooth. The AP's are in Ethiopia right now so we haven't heard transfer news yet, but Elder Holyoak was talking to Elder Johnson (the medical advisor) and had to set up the appointment. All he heard was that I'm leaving, but we have no clue where or who will be my companion yet. 6 months in Masaka. Dang. It's nice here. I honestly am kind of sad to leave this place. I've never had to pack up before, and that's what I've been doin this morning. Crazy man. I think I'm getting transferred East. To.... Mbale. Yupo. That's my guess.

Ha, those brothers. They are just funny guys. Love all of em. Ugh, that is hard for me lately though. I am really getting frustrated with people lately because they are just being so... Ugandan. They really think they know everything about everything, and are actually extremely racist. That's one thing I am here to learn though, is patience. It's really hard not to argue sometimes. Yeah, Masaka is the more 'villagey' area in the mission. You either get the dirty nasty congested city, or the more village areas, and Masaka is one of em. Big ol swamps, lots of green. I like it here haha. I hope I don't go to Kampala...

Shoes are doing alright. The rocks really tear them up fast though. Don't be surprised if they are completely torn up when I get home haha. This place is definitely rough on shoes and clothes. The handwashing takes a toll on the white shirts after a while. But yeah, it's doin good. Some holes in some socks, some stains, really nothing too bad. Don't worry bout it. Vitamins are good. Deodorant... I really didn't take enough for 2 years haha. Oh well, I can just buy some of the cheap stuff they have here I guess. No one uses it around here, so it's not too common. I'm tryin to stay healthy, too haha. I've been doing pushups every night, I'm trying to do some cardio,  and am off the soda. So hopefully I don't gain a ton of weight... Yeah.... That jump rope you guys sent is... way too small for me haha. Maybe I can find one in the supermarkets one day.

Haha, I remember Valentine's in Jr. High. That was a joke. Valentine's here is even more of a joke. There was just this guy on the street corner selling fake roses for way too much. And that's it. Oh, and the normal way that they celebrate EVERY holiday around here; concerts all night long. That meant NO sleep for the missionaries hah. Yeah.. No hugs for Elder Beardall. No hugs ever happen to anyone around here. It's kind of sad. Actually, love doesn't really seem to exist... You'll see a husband walking, then way behind him is the wife with all the kids. I think I have seen only 2 couples holding hands since I've been here, and they were just students.

Don't really get to see Chat-daddy too often. We get interviews every quarter. Then are zone conference and stuff. But if I end up in Kampala any time, I will see him more often. He's powerful. Really cool guy, and he's a full blown cowboy. His wife is just the sweetest thing ever, and they are both just awesome at what they do. Glad to have them here. Elder Plant is an AP right now, and I think he might be going home this week... Either that or he has one more transfer. I can't remember. He's a swell guy though.

We have found a lot of new gators in preparation for the transfer. Got some really good ones, and some good baptisms coming up, so Elder Oliphant will be really ready for this next transfer. I really hope he does well. He's pretty new to everything. Oh, and trust me, there is never a dull moment around here. I mean, they aren't always good moments, but there is always a lot going on. I get a lot of persecution around here for being a 'muneenne mzungu' (fat american). Oh well. But yeah, the lessons are always different. Lots of strange off topic questions for us to answer! haha

The kids are doing great! They are as annoying as ever, but also as fun as ever. They really are just awesome haha. But yeah, I'm gonna miss the ones that are here. I am gonna miss a lot of people here. This Branch might not function very well, but there are some neat people here.

Question, I heard somethin about ANOTHER new temple video... Please explain? Thanks homie.

Momma, I just love ya. You are the best. We are gonna go watch the Lion King tonight for FHE, so I need to wrap up the emailing! Thanks for the love and support. You guys are all the BOMB.

Elder Beardall




Live pig tied to the back of a boda that is out of gas. Wonderful.

Me and MOSES. This kid is LEGIT.

Shoe shining station owned by one of our soon-to-be missionaries. Coolest guy ever.

Bunch of goats on the jungle path... what?

No comments:

Post a Comment