January 20, 2014
FAMILY,
What's up niggas? How's the good life? I'm just here. In Uganda. Yup. I'm hoping it doesn't take TOO long to get this letter. I don't think I'm sending an SD card in this one, but I will send some printed ones. I found a little shop that prints them off for me, so it's cool. Not too expensive either. Sorry for my horrible Dead-Gorilla handwriting. Sucks.
Whew. Uganda just...never becomes normal. It is seriously so insane here, I can't describe it. There is no way to even know what it's like unless you've experienced it yourself. I totes wanna visit here again someday. so whoever wants to come with, just come along.
Hmmm...I haven't gotten any mail for like, a month...except just the other day I got a Christmas card from the First Presidency! But yeah, so did the whole missionary force. Man, I'm in Africa. Still such a mind blowing thought. I get looking at it, and my time here, and realize that being an RM is gonna be SICK. I can't wait to share all the awesome experiences with everyone. Heck, I can't wait to have more experiences out here!
So, tell me all about everything. I wanna know...can you show me? I wanna know about these strangers like me. Sorry. I really just miss music out here. MoTab is awesome, but gets a little old when it's all you have.
You know, I REALLY miss the temple. I honestly think that's one specific reason I'm here on this mission; so I would appreciate the temple more. When I get home, I am gonna hit up McDonald's, then we are all gonna take a nice temple trip. Cool? Cool.
So, we run FHE in the branch here for YSA. Tonight, we are playing Jeopardy! Thought up some good questions for 'em. Stuff like from the BOM, prophets, facts about Uganda, school subjects, and misc. The Daily Double is in Misc. for 300. Wanna know the question? "Guess Elder Beardall's weight". Yep. I get told I'm fat every day, so it'll be great for them to guess. I've stopped drinking soda...it's the only thing sweet around here and it's super cheap too. Hopefully I start losing some weight. All the food they have here is just a ton of carbs. Posho is just cooked cornstarch, matooke is just unripe cooked bananas, then you get irish and sweet taters, and rice. That's it.
Well, I'm sending this letter to get you some pictures. I'll send a longer one soon. Love you guys a ton!
Elder Beardall
Mukwano wange welaba (we think this means "goodbye friends and family")
![]() | |
| L to R: John (he makes us call him Ferguson), me and Jesse, Brian, Ronald (recent baptism) - All brothers |
![]() |
| Relief Society President |
![]() |
| Me and Pete Christmas morning |
![]() |
| Rwanda family New Year's Day |
![]() |
| Neat ol' sunset |
![]() |
| Just me and my rad fighting crew |
![]() |
| Christmas day, they fed us a LOT. Had an awesome lesson. Everyone's eyes are closed. LAME. |
![]() |
| Just a little GEM I found on my SD card |
![]() |
| Kids are ALWAYS staring at me. |









No comments:
Post a Comment