Monday, February 24, 2014

Black Mambas in Walukuba! (Transfer news)

Hey momma!

Well, I'll start off I guess by telling you where I got transferred to! I'm in Walukuba, with Elder Matli. Walukuba is where Elder Morris is the DL, so I'm with him again haha. This place is so... Different. It's more of the typical Africa stereotype. Really poor area, and tons of mud huts. The people are mostly Acholi and are super tall and dark. Whole new language... oh boy. But yeah, we are a part of the Jinja zone, so we are East. Walukuba is the oldest branch in the mission. It's been here for over 20 years. Weird that I go from the youngest to the oldest haha. The house is super sketchy. Cement floors, a million spiders, and no fence. Just a guard who steals shoes I guess. This place is seriously so much lower compared to Masaka, but it's still really great. I'll be honest, it's hard not having any restaurants or the Holyoaks around. We have to cook all our own food, and we can't buy anything good until P-days when we go to Jinja. Oh yeah, I'm in Jinja right now haha. But yeah, Walukuba is SUPER hot. It's really dry and sunny. One awesome thing though, is that we have a CHAPEL. Super nice building. Right next to a Mosque though. And they always pray over a loud speaker... Oh well. This is a much more developed branch, because people actually have a clue how the church is run, they know what tithing is, and they know how to fulfill their callings. It's awesome. Coolest part about Walukuba, is it feels just like an old sea-town. Right by Lake Victoria, and there is just a ton of iron and mud huts all along the coast. I can't send any pictures today, the internet sucks right now, but I will show you next week. It's beautiful with the lake being right in our area. It's nice because we get a lot of breeze from the water. It makes it super dusty, but it cools you off a little bit. So yeah, thats the area. Completely different, but not too bad. Just a little run down. I've seen a lot of pretty sad things in the week I've been here though, and that is a little unpleasant. Elder Matli. He's the MAN. He's only been out for 3 months, and I'm his second comp. So yes, I'm a mother AGAIN. Haha, but he is from Jo-berg SA. He really is such a cool guy. Really kind of a nerd, but it's nice because I've just been with a ton of jocks the whole mish so far. He's really a nice guy, and cares a ton about the people here. I'm glad he's here with me. Adjusting has been a lot harder than I thought. It' really is like starting a new mission. I did get to say bye to a few people at FHE, but not many of them. The Holyoaks drove me and a new missionary coming from Masaka in to transfers. If you have any more questions about it, I'll do what I can to answer.

So, we have some really great investigators that we just started teaching this last week. They are really interested. The teaching is really different here, because everyone knows about the church. It's nothing new to them. And, surprisingly, they speak English a little better here haha. It's also nice to have RMs in the branch, and support from the branch. But anyways, we should be having 2 baptisms coming up pretty soon. Really humble people. Charles and George. One awesome thing about Walukuba, is Mama G. She is the BEST. She's been a member for 20 years, and she LOVES missionaries. She feeds us every Thursday and Sunday, and is the coolest ever. She makes peanut butter, and we buy it from her. ALL the missionaries who've ever served in this mission know about her. Then, we go on Thursday mornings to dig for Jajja Kuba. She always has a ton of work for us to do, and she makes us HOMEMADE LEMONADE. It's fantastic.

But yeah, things are going along here, and I'm still adjusting. Slowly but surely. I'll try to keep healthy and alive. Just do me a favor and don't worry about the millions of spiders and the black mambas in our backyard. Whoops, shouldn't have told you that! 6 months... It's been super slow, but also kind of fast in a weird way. Honestly, it really is a struggle for me sometimes being out here for 2 years, but I'm tryin' to just focus. I did try to burn a tie... But it just melted up... Wrong material....

Let me know if there is anything you guys need me to answer, or need advice on or whatever. I wanna help! Love you guys so much, and I'm sorry again I don't get to send pictures or anything... Next week!

LOVE YA

ELDER BEALDARR

No comments:

Post a Comment