On Tuesday, August 20th, Jayden was set apart as a full-time missionary. The whole family shared their testimonies with him, tissues were drenched. The setting apart was very reassuring (especially to Mom!), and this is a picture of him putting a sticker with his name and dates on it on the Stake missionary map.
Wednesday, August 21st, we took Jayden down to the Provo MTC. We stopped to take some pictures in front of Taylor's apartment and get lunch together before we dropped him off. Driving into the MTC, we were greeted with a bunch of missionaries waving at us. After last minute hugs and goodbyes, his host (a cute little Asian missionary) led him into the MTC.
Here's the first letter we've received from Jayden, written on his first day in the MTC:
"August 21, 2013
Dear Family,
Holy heck, the spirit here is AMAZING! Long day today, but I met some really cool people. My whole district (8 guys) is going to Uganda. I met up with Elder Taylor. He's a pretty fun guy. My comp is Elder Morley. He's from Roosevelt. I'll send you a picture of him tomorrow hopefully. They are giving us a little time for e-mail. But, yeah. My whole district, except for me and Elder Bennion, are football players/tracksters. And they are all like, pro athletes. Scholarships up the wazoo. Elder Morley ran for Weber State for a year before the mish. My zone is like, crazy athletic, too. My zone leader won the National Championship in rugby. Awesome, right?
I haven't seen Chris yet, but I did run in to Jeff Hunter. Just said hi real quick. The food is pretty delicious. I might get an even bigger food baby.
We've been doing group scenarios all day, and studying. Just a lot more to come! I hope you guys are doing okay, and have all the tears out of your system. I haven't even had time to cry or anything.
Well, I've got to cut it short, as it's almost bedtime. I'll be e-mailing you tomorrow and next week on Wednesday (my P-Day). Love you all tons, and I'll be missing you!
Love,
Elder Beardall"
We got also got a quick e-mail on Friday evening from him, and are looking forward to the one on Wednesday (hopefully it will have pictures)!


No comments:
Post a Comment