This week is going great! It's been a very
good one. The families are all struggling to be commited, or have
experienced some hard part of life, or it has been a challenge lately,
but its all good, and it's still going well. Just two of the families have recently been let off at their work, and
don't have jobs, so they are really struggling. One of them got kicked
out of their house. He was working for this company for 6 months without
pay!!!! it sucks.
So yeah. I hope Uganda will
be a bit better after I leave, haha. I really hope that some lives have
been changed from me being here. I know my life has changed quite a bit,
at least. Yeah, there are things I have been learning
out here that I really wouldn't trade for anything. I am glad to have
experienced what I have so far. It's been a big blessing in my life.
Training is awesome! I love it so far. The work is really going quite
well these days. Good families to teach, good stuff to eat, and just
happy times! I am enjoying. Man, Ntuzela is just the best. I love this guy! We get along
super well, and the work is great. You know, when it comes to a positive
attitude, I really am trying my best to keep one. I have learned that
when crap hits the fan, it'll probably just hit the fan some more, so
all we can do, is just take it as it comes. Probably not the best way to
describe it, but it's how I feel. Just gotta deal with it I guess. But
we can always be happy, that is purely a personal decision. Every time.
Spiritual!
Let's see, we had some really amazing and different lessons this week.
We have found a few new families and they are all super dang smart and
religious. Its really testing us because they really actually know their
bibles and stuffs. So we have really had to rely on testimony teaching.
You can pull out the scriptures as much as you want, and some people
will never be convinced, but as long as you bear an honest testimony,
they can't contend. They just have to either accept it or turn away from
it. It's just happened a lot this week, and it was really cool to me to
see the way it touches people's hearts when my new comp bears his
testimony. The Spirit really DOES help us where we lack, and that is the
beauty of missionary work.
Funny! Uhmm, this
Tuesday, we were contacting a lady at her door step, and all of a sudden
some kid to the right starts wailing, and we look. This GIANT rat comes running towards us. Man, I mean, this thing was huge. Like, football
size. Anyways, it comes to the doorstep, and struggles to get up on top.
This thing is just running super slow, and it was funny to watch. It
just scurries into this lady's house and she just doesn't even give it a
second look! Like, it was totally normal or something. Maybe it was a
pet...
Ahhhh momma, you are good at making me trunky! Nah, I'm fine, I just can't wait to have a big ol momma hug. Yeah, I expect things to be really weird when I get back, but I just wanna take it all as it comes, so we will see haha.
Can
I just paint you guys for like, the first week? I'm honestly super
nervous to be around white people. I don't know why that is such a big
thing. Yeah, don't worry, family is first. I will make sure to spend
some good time with you guys.
It's nice this time, because I actually gain a day from the
flight. I just get back 10 hours. We will stay a night at the AP flat. In
other words, I will sleep on a cold tile floor with no pillow or blanket
and no mosquito net haha.
I really am feeling great
about this last month here. I'm good. I am a little tired. My body aches. I am excited to see what it has in store for
us. I really have the mindset of just letting the whole going home
thing happen when it happens. The work is keeping me busy enough, so I
don't worry about it all.
Yeah, all my clothes are completely shot, so
I will be leaving most of it behind. Yeah, that soap is heavenly. I'm
sunburned haha. Basketball was fun today.
Alrighty momma, I love ya! Don't forget it. Be patient! Don't get too trunky for me. Have the best week ever.
Elder Beardall
| Roller skates in Africa. |
| Elder Derp in a tree. |
| Check this out. |
| This tree grew through a tire. what. |
No comments:
Post a Comment