Yeah, it was hard to send off ol' Salisbury,
but he is happy and at home now. I actually have an email waiting from
him. So it'll be good to see how he is adjusting to life again. Elder
Ntuzela is just the best ever. Really though, he is so dang excited
about the work, and it is really refreshing to see his enthusiasm. We
get along great so far, and he is just a super chill guy. He is from
Durban, SA, and is just powerful. So yeah, the training is really great.
I'm enjoying it so far.
Yes, we finally had
Prossy baptized. There were some others on the other guys' side who were
married and baptized also, so it was a really nice service. We had ward
conference yesterday, and it was awesome. Really good to hear from the
Stake leaders, and they were really impressed with the ward. So it
should be split soon.
Francis
is so awesome. He will be getting baptized next Sunday, and is so
prepared. He is really doing his best to read the BOM and pray and all
the good stuff right now, and is just so excited to get dunked. I'm
really glad to be the one teaching him, because he has really made an
impact on me personally.
The mission is a
little behind right now on baptisms, so we really have to work our butts
off these coming months to get the goal. But, it's possible. We should
be having some great baptisms coming up here soon. Elder Ntuzela and I
have already found a couple of families. Yeah, I get to see President
Chatfield and the APs a lot more now. They are usually around here in
Kampala, but today they were in Lira. Man, we really went to town today
playing basketball. I'm tired haha. And sunburned. No problem though.
Man,
so awesome thing this week, I went and got a haircut last Monday, and
holy heck, it was the best experience of my life. I am used to just a
shave and go, but this time, they like, washed my hair and gave me a
super nice head massage. Is that how they do it back home? I've never
had a desire to step into a salon, but I'm really considering it now
haha.
Man,
everyone is getting super old, myself included. Time is flying by so
dang fast. I don't just mean mission time, but like, TIME time. Home is a
distant dream, I really have no idea what to expect, so I just try not
to think about it too much haha. I saw my travel plans really briefly at
the office today. They didn't give them to me, but I saw the copy they
had there. I will be leaving on the 20th, here, and will fly to
Amsterdam then straight to Salt Lake from there. So yeah, should be super
good. I arrive on the 21st, I didn't get the time though. Yeeeeaaah I
have a lot of people to see, but you guys are the first priority, don't
worry. I just wanna be ready for school though, because now I am going
like, right away haha. Thanks for doing all that by the way. It helps to
have it all planned out for school and everything. So yeah, it'll just
be from busy Uganda, to busy Utah. No problem. I just want a niiiiice
bed to sleep in for once though. I am a little tired of these small foam
mattresses we have here. I'm too tall for them... haha.
Elder Ntuzela says hello by the way haha.
Momma, you are the bee's knees. Hope you know that. I just love ya! I hope this week treats ya well, and life is good. Bye!
Elder Beardall
| Remember ol Jeremiah from Masaka? He is leaving October on his mission in LONDON. |
| Preachin to the trucks! |
Meet John and Annet Ngoza
|
| Just found this on the board at the church... haha. |
| This is Elder Magaqa who worked with us for a day! Reminds me of a black Elder Cockbain. |
| Old district! Bye Elder Salisbury! |
| Me and the kid at Prossy's baptism! |
No comments:
Post a Comment