Hey momma.
Welp,
transfer news is that I am staying here with J again. Elder P
will be leaving and he'll be replaced by Elder Nsengiyumva from Rwanda.
Elder Wightman will be one of our new ZLs, and he's one of my MTC bros
so that will be nice to have him there. But yeah, that's the news.
Exciting, huh?
I'm doin okay. I am just a bit discouraged right now I guess. It seems
the harder I try to work or the more obedient I am the more everything
else blows up in my face. No matter what I do things still seem to be my
fault and my efforts don't do anything to
help.
This week was a very long one. Probably
worse than last week haha. Elder J was sick for most of the week
with what he called "week six syndrome" and he said he had to get rest
so he could feel better, so we spent a lot of this last week at the
house. I got some good reading time in though. I read the whole Book of
Mormon and marked every time it refers to the Savior, and I am halfway
through the Church History in the Fulness of Times institute manual. So
yeah. That's nice. But in the few lessons we did have, we were blessed
with some great new investigators this week. There is a super humble old
guy named Richard, who is just the best. He's like, the first
investigator I have had that made an extra effort to read more from the
BOM than we assigned him. He is already through 1 Nephi, so that is awesome. He is coming along really well. There is also Slyvian. This guy
is powerful. We talked with him for a while at a shop, and gave him our
number and stuff, and he sent us a text a couple days later saying that
the pamphlet we left him is the answer to many of his problems. So he is
also really cool.
Trust me, I will never complain about
cleaning my room again after having to deal with the stubbornness of
Africans haha. So it will be nice to have someone a
little more fresh I guess. It's hard to stay positive when everyone
blames you for the problems, but I am still trying.
Haha
it is weird to have people I don't even talk to read my blog. Cool I
guess. Haha if I actually said things how they really are, there would
be a lot more details that people don't wanna read about. I try to spare
those things. But yeah, walking and stuff. It doesn't do a thing. I have
noticed that walking all the time all day doesn't get you into shape, be
cause its not enough rigorous exercise for that, but it just makes you
tired, so it's like a lose-lose situation haha. Maybe if I jogged to
every appointment.
I do have one pretty funny story. So
there is this kid, Vin, who is always playing with the Waffle kids. He's
gotta be like, 3 or 4. Super young. Anyways, he was over in the bushes
playin around and I called him over. He comes running and I see that he
has a bunch of smashed up pili pili (chile peppers) in his hands and
that the juice is all over him. I didn't say anything, but I just made a
gesture that I was licking one of my fingers, and he did it too. the
next 10 minutes were just hilarious.
I have more sympathy for you now after
being out here for a while. Thanks for all you do, momma. Man, that
will be awesome to go to Cali with Dad. That sounds like a fun trip for
you two. We will definitely have to do some sort of trip when I get
home. The Holyoaks invited me to their cabin in September, and I think
that is all that I have planned haha. You want me to sing a Ugandan
song? Aysh... No thanks. I'll just show you the stuff on You tube or
something haha. The songs here are just ridiculous. They all have the
same beat and a bunch of auto-tuned guys yelling to the point where you
can't understand them. And the ones that you CAN hear have super lame
lyrics. Ha.
Something
that I want but can't get here? A Big Mac. Hahahah I really don't need
anything mom. My clothes will be fine for the remainder and all that, so
don't worry.
Thanks for being an awesome momma. You rock. Hope
you have an awesome week, and kids don't give you too much problems.
Sorry I couldn't send photos this week. I didn't really take any, but
the USB port is just thrashed here anyways. Bye bye! Love you!
Elder Beardall
No comments:
Post a Comment