Hi Mommy!
Man, new year. It's always a big deal to people around here. I don't know why. EVERY single person I have talked to this last week has asked me all about the new year, and tell me that it is time to start over and dedicate the year to Jesus. Lulz. They all just go take advantage of a public holiday by drinking and buying hookers. Yeah, that has been the big happenings in Busia lately. Wickedness everywhere you go. Man, we went out to an appointment on the morning of the 1st, and we are walking on the main road here, and we see a HUGE crowd gathered together. We find out there was a huge accident the night before. A drunk dude gets in a semi and just goes plowin down the street. He manages to clear a huge gutter, and drives straight into a mosque. Man, that thing was just obliterated. 5 people total died, and 7 more in the hospital. Crazy stuff happens.
Whew. This was a long week. Full of stuff. So, we find out last minute that we are having interviews with Pres. Chatfield on Wednesday morning at the start of this week, so we dropped all our appointments, and got on a taxi to Mbale to see him. It was nice. They gave all of us pizza. Real food never tasted so good. So yeah, then we take a terrible bus ride home. I was in the back corner squeezed up against this fat nun and her 3 kids on her lap. One just goes ahead and pees on me right at the start of the trip. Fantastic, I love transportation here. Anyways, we get home, and they told us to get in early because of crazy stuff happening and all that, so we went straight home after a 6 hour trip on the slowest and dustiest bus in the world. Then, tomorrow morning, surprise exchange with the ZLs. They came to Busia in the morning, spent the night, and left the next day. So that was nice.
Then we came back to Mbale just yesterday again to have
our zone activity. We just got back from Sipi falls. It's a super sick
place. We went to 3 giant waterfalls. Man, mom, you would have loved it.
The hikes were pretty intense, and it kind of felt like I was home for a
minute there haha, But it was really nice and cool, and just so fun. So
we are headed back to Busia tomorrow morning. THEN the guys from Mbale
are coming on Wednesday for our zone meeting. So yeah. Within a week, we
will have seen the Mbale guys 4 times. It's nice though. Good to talk
with another American for once. Elder De Lisle is like, my best friend
out here haha.
Man, the work is going pretty well. We have 7 people with bap dates. One of them is Fred. He was taught in 2012, but then his whole family was converted to Islam. Then they ran off and he hasn't seen any of them since. So he lost EVERYTHING and has been struggling to survive for a couple years. He just got a job as a teacher, and started to come to church again. He's powerful. Super great man. Then we have a couple of families that I will tell you more about if they progress haha. The comp is alright. Same ol same ol. I had a talk with him concerning a few things and it kind of blew up in my face and now he kinda hates me, but I think he is softening now. He woke up at 6:30 the last few days, so that is a start. He really is a good guy. I enjoy him, but I just get a little frustrated when it affects the work. We'll hear transfer news a fortnight from now. I think I will stay and train. But if not, I am either going to leave to Ntinda, or Iganga. Just my thoughts.
Man, I am glad you guys had a good week. I bet it was nice to have some time to relax after so much stress. I think the quiet celebrations are nice, but I've always liked blowing crap up, too. So we'll see what we can do next year.
Man, I found one thing today. There is a super amazing restaurant in Mbale. It's major expensive, but I had a REAL burger today. Like, a NICE one with a fried egg on it. It was unreal. It was only Elder De Lisle and I though, because the African missionaries only have their allotment money and they spend that all on new clothes and stuff haha. But yeah, it was stellar good. I got word that they are building a MCDONALDS in Entebbe now. Holy smokes. Haha KFC is super expensive too! A bucket of chicken is 100,000, which is about $40. People who eat that are living the high life. Thanks for the gossip in the ward. It's always interesting to see that life goes on back home still. Haha I hope you guys are hangin in there and that you have a great week. I love you!
Elder Beardall
| Me getting soaked by the waterfall |
| Zone at the first one! |
| Me and De Lisle at the second one. |
| Me and Phiri with a gorgeous view of the third one! |
No comments:
Post a Comment