Monday, December 8, 2014

"Just a lot of struggles trying to get people motivated"

Hey mom,
I'll start with transfer news. The whole district is staying the same, so I will still be here for Christmas, and I will still be with stubborn Ugandan comp haha. On Christmas, we will be procelyting, but I will call you either in the morning here or just after we close the night. So I will still have time to call you guys. Don't worry haha. Probably no Skyping this time. That was just kind of a nice thing that I did last year cause the Holyoaks were around. Yeah the wedding was really cool, I was really happy to finally see that family get baptized. One of the kids wasn't able to make it to Sacrament meeting yesterday, so she will be confirmed next week, but it is all good. One really cool experience was David wanted me to confirm him. I have never confirmed someone before, besides for the dead in the temple. So it was a neat experience. The Squires are actually going to be attending church in Busia for the next few weeks cause of all the problems going on right now. 
 
Our investigators are doing okay. As much as we tried to avoid it, we still kind of hit a peak. In terms of, we don't really have anyone progressing right now. We do have a few good potentials, but not much right now. I'll be honest, it's been extremely difficult to have the Spirit with us lately. It is hard to try and seek the Lord's guidance as a companionship if I'm the only one trying to do it. He will just give me an excuse saying that 'God understands cause this is the Uganda Kampala Mission.' So that kind of sucks. And mostly sums up how my week has been. Just a lot of struggles trying to get people motivated. I still have so much to work on myself, especially as a leader. I really struggle to find a way to help others care about hard work. As I have started trying harder, I've seen the blessings, I really have, but I just can't help others see the importance of following God's standards for missionaries. It's just really frustrating. Then there is a lot still going on with the branch now. Some things have gone to the extreme, but I won't go into detail about that stuff.
I still haven't gotten mail, and I don't think I will with transfers. We will see. I've kinda given up hope on that at this point. But thank you so much mom, it really does mean a lot that you make the sacrifice to spend a ton of money to send me things that I enjoy but don't need. Just make sure you don't send me stuff if you need the money. Please? I'm kind of interested to see what you mean by sending snow haha
Haha oh man, that was awesome you got to see and talk with... Brother Plant... That just sounds weird. Yeah, Jebaleco is the typical greeting around Uganda. You just reply with 'Kale ssebo' or 'Kale nyabo' (okay sir, okay mam). Neat, huh? That guy is my mission grandfather. In other words, he trained Elder Rami haha. 

Ahhh, don't be nervous to talk. It's really not that bad, plus you do awesome every time. Just a talk on the Savior? That is pretty general haha. The Light of Christ is on everybody and everything that is living. It is a really cool thing to study, actually. I think it could be super cool if you gave a talk trying to help others understand that Christ is a real person, and that he ACTUALLY did all the things the scriptures say he did, and still does. Because honestly, if we take a step back, and just imagine being with the Savior at any of those moments where he performed a miracle or gave perfect insight, it is almost too much for us to comprehend. I just love the Love of Christ. He loves us so much. I have been thinking about that as I have tried to apply the Atonement more, and it has had a profound effect on my thoughts.
Sorry, but I probably won't send out a news letter to a bunch of people, but I will try to send another SD card soon. I just have to copy over my photos and stuff, and that takes a lot of time to do here haha. That will be nice to get together with eveybody for Christmas. It is always nice to see people again. I even have super happy moments when I see buddies on my mission haha.
So, I was fasting for a lot of things yesterday, and I really saw some great miracles. I included a lot of things for the branch, and I saw a lot of improvement in the meetings yesterday. It really was the best Sunday I have had here in Busia so far. Things just went smoothly. It was nice for a change. What miracles have you guys been seeing? I am kind of having a hard time seeing the fruits of the work again. I don't know why I get this way sometimes. I am just a little discouraged right now, I guess. Please pray for the work here, and pray for the hearts of the people. All we run into anymore is Muslims haha.

Thanks for all you guys do for me. IT really means a lot. I hope everything goes well this week. Stay fresh! Love you!
Elder Beardall



Professor Derp

Pork and Posho

No comments:

Post a Comment