Hey Momma!
Whew. What a week. Just a ton of busy busy stuffs. Go a lot of work done. Not many lessons, but we pulled some good new gators out of the woodwork. Is my birthday really coming up soon? Whoa, that came a little faster than I thought it would have. Haha trust me, I won't get that package for a while. Not while I'm here in Busia. We don't really get visitors very often. Haha thanks for showing that to Thomas' mom, I thought it was pretty funny. Thanks for calling me manly, and not just fat like everyone else does haha. The other guys? Oh man, they are a riot. Elder Phiri is from Zambia, and is so loud and crazy. Quite a personality. Elder Lephole is from Botswana and is just his own kind of funny. He is super sarcastic without trying to be. We have a lot of fun. Good thing too, cause we don't get to see anyone else ever.
Man, the Waffle
family... I love them so much. They are getting married on the 22nd!
That is the day we have been able to decide on. I'm so stoked! So that
means they will be getting baptized on the 26th of this month. The Branch
President is the one who performs the wedding. It will be down in
Jinja, so I might be able to see some people I know, and maybe get some
good food for a change. Things with Mike... Don't really know, he has
been gone this week. His mother died so he went to the burial. Oh man,
mom, we found an amazing family this week. Geoffry and Mirian. They just
have two little kids. But they are the most amazing people I have been
able to tract into. They REALLY understand things so well, and the
lessons just feel so good with them. We gave them a BOM on our first visit
(we don't really ever do that), and they read, and had tons of
questions about the Restoration. They are super prepared, and I am stoked to be able to teach them. We found a few more gators this week
that show some promise. Faisal and Nancy, and Moses Wandela. Moses is a
crazy Born Again, but he really is interested, so we are gonna try it.
Haha I just thought of a funny thing. We were in a lesson, and just
during one of the more spiritual moments, we asked if they had any
questions for us, and the lady asked us "Why do you celebrate
Halloween?" haha it kinda ruined the moment, but it was funny. Some
people. Yeah, I have kind of had to just deal with the singing here. It
really isn't good at all, but they are trying. No, we still have a
member there to wash our clothes, so it's all good. We will wash some
things if they need to be clean though. We stay in a really nice
compound. There are 2 houses in it, and it has a guard with a gun. The
other tenants are like, some guy from Israel and a couple other people.
We don't talk to them really haha. Uhmmm... let me think of some other
things that happened this week. Oh, we had a lot of crazy people chasing
us around this week. More than usual. We were walking along the main
road, and this lady runs across the street and throws a punch at me. I
dodged it like a pro, then we ran off. Man, this place.
Who's all following my blog? How do you know? Sorry momma, you are gonna have to share the kids when they get married off. Its okay, you still have my cutout, right? I can be there if you really want me to.
Yeah, life is good, mom. I am trying to be safe, but believe me, if I wasn't set apart as a missionary, I would probably be dead by now. Don't let that worry you though... Sorry this email is a little short though, the power went out again, and I had to retype this haha. Thanks for always hanging in there for me. I love you momma. I just wanna say thanks for all you do. I really appreciate everything you've done for me more and more every day I am here. I am glad I had such a good life back home. Thanks for the prayers, I have really felt them this week. I hope everything goes well over there in good ol UTAH. Love ya!
Elder Beardall
| This a picture I got from Elder Thomas' mom of the district making bricks. |
| Check out the logo on this shirt I saw a kid wearing. |
| Me and the Waffle kids. They put some little doo-rag on my head. |
| We made some HEAVENLY doughnuts today |
| Goofing with the Wafula kids. |
You can tell him your cousin reads every week and is SO impressed with his posts. I love his writing and the fun adventures he tells about. He seems like a simply wonderful son and missionary! HUGS!
ReplyDelete