Monday, October 6, 2014

"But yeah, plan on them getting hitched. WOO!!"

Hey momma!
I've been pretty good this week. Times were a little rough, but not too bad. The work was a little bit slow this week, cause we were getting bounced non-stop by everyone. I do have my voice back, and I'm very glad about that. haha. Man, we went and saw the Wafulas again, and I'm so stoked. They said they prayed, and called the mother of the wife. The mother said that it was important to follow Christ, and she completely respects and supports their choice to be married and then baptized. So they are going to get married and baptized. We have a rough date for the 18th of this month. It might be changing though, due to some trainings that the branch presidency has to go to. We will see. But yeah, plan on them getting hitched. WOO!! 
 
Glad you liked that witchdoctor guy. Pretty interesting huh? We get that kind of thing a lot more than you would think. We were followed around by several crazy people this week. One guy tried to pickpocket me. I turned around and he just screamed and ran off, then tripped over something and faceplanted it. I think he was drunk. Sometimes I kind of forget that these kind of things are interesting to you guys, cause they have just become so normal for me over here. I'll try to tell you more stories as I can haha. Elder Thomas is just great. I love this guy. We are working really hard out here. He is older than me. He is actually MTC bros with Elder Cockbain, so he's got like, 2 more transfers after this one and he's done. 
 
Our meeting with Pres Chatfield went really well actually. He came to sit in on our District meeting, and we talked about some challenges in the district, and in the branch that we wanted to talk about and resolve. He said some powerful stuff. One thing I really liked was when he talked about giving the Lord a chance to answer our prayers. Sometimes we will pray for guidance or an answer to a question or something, and just get up and go face the day. If we want an answer through the Holy Ghost, we ought to take some time to meditate and think after our prayer. That is when God's influence will be with us. No, They didn't bring any mail. I haven't gotten anything for a while. I think it's just all getting lost or something... haha. One thing we are trying to do with the branch is just help the leaders as much as we can. And sustain them. People spread the worst rumors so fast here in Uganda, and there is a lot of bad talk about the Branch Presidency - even AMONG the Branch Presidency. So we really need to support our leaders as much as we can in any situation because they truly are called by God to fill that position. 
 
Also, one thing I have found in Busia, is the singing is just horrific. No one knows any Hymns, and they butcher everything . It's REALLY bad. So we have been trying to help people know how the Hymns go so they can get a little closer when they sing em. We do have a pretty cool new gator. His name is Mike, and he is a referral from a recent convert. He is the first person in Uganda that I've met who is agnostic. He doesn't really believe in a God or anything, and wanted to know how he can know if God is there. He's great. Just has a lot of weird questions, and is a little difficult to keep on track. I think he has ADHD or something. We are trying though. haha.
Taco soup... Mountain Man breakfasts... CHINESE FOOD. Oh man, there is a lot to do and eat when I get home. As for Conference, I have to wait a little bit longer, I guess. Hopefully we get it by the end of the month.  I bet that was really nice to be able to listen to it while camping. That must have been nice and relaxing. I can't think of a better break from the world than to hear from the Prophet of God.
I am praying for all of you, too. Thanks for being patient and helping so much. It really helps to have a wonderful family. Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, is just Saturday night, a man across the road passed away. Turns out he is the father of a missionary serving in Zambia right now. So we had to call Pres. Chatfield and he called the Zambia mission pres and let him know, then hooked up the Elder with his family. Man, that would be rough. Please, no one die while I'm here. Thanks. I love you all, and thank you for all the love.
Elder Beardall


Cutest girl ever. This is the Wafula's kid. Her name? Michelle Obama. She was putting flowers in my hair and wanted a picture.   

No comments:

Post a Comment