Hey Momma!
Yeah, I still liked my
opening a little better! haha I'm not too bad. I'm really sunburnt right
now though, we just had a big ol farewell party for the Caspersons.
They are the Senior Couple here in Jinja. They are headed home in a
couple weeks. But it was super fun. We had a big ol braai, and played
sports and stuffs. Well, I guess this week I'll start off with transfer
news. Cockbain is staying and is going to be with Elder Burdette, and I
will be going over to Busia to be with Elder Thomas. Busia is like, the
border of Kenya. My area will actually touch the border. It's just way
out there by itself. Just 4 elders. That's it. So it will be kind of odd
to be secluded. I'm excited though. Elder Thomas is a fantastic guy. He
trained Elder Peterson. I am gonna have a lot of fun with that guy
haha. Yeah, I am pretty excited to leave, but it will be a little hard
to leave the people here. I've been here so long, I thought I was gonna
be the next branch president or something. I really am happy to finally
leave though. I get a little tired being in one place for so long. There
are a lot of people I will have to follow up on in the future to see how
they are doing though. I'm really curious to see how things work out
with everyone. The other big news this week is the BAPTISM! It actually
came like kind of a surprise. You remember Vian? Well, he was really
hard to meet with cause of his work schedule, and we couldn't really
progress him. Then he decides to get a new job just so he can meet with
us and come to church. Crazy awesome. Anyways, we met with him almost
every day last week because he asked for it, and had amazing lessons. He
caught on so fast, had a huge desire to repent, and was just all around
prepared. We prayed about it cause we had taught all the lessons, and
decided to get him interviewed on Friday. He passed with flying colors
and was baptized just yesterday. Miracles happen, believe me. So that
was a pretty exciting thing. I'm really happy about it.
We
had a loooooooong week of cleaning. The Caspersons said they would
throw us that party if we deep cleaned every bit of the house. So we
really cracked down on it this week. Man, we made that place look GOOD.
It was nice to have a really clean hosue for once. Missionaries aren't
the best at keeping stuff tidy.
Anyways, Jesus
the Christ. Holy smokes that book is fantastic. I am learning a lot
from it. It kind of blows my mind every few minutes cause I don't have
the best comprehension, but it's great. I'm up to chapter 16 now. You
should give it a go again, momma. See if you can beat me! haha.
Yeah,
so Terrorists, right? I won't go into details with all the stuff in the
past, but there are a ton of threats all the time out here. I don't
wanna scare you, but that is usually why we go on lockdown sometimes.
That or the Kabaka or Kyabazinga. Those are kings. They just re-elected
them this week so we had to stay inside. People get a little crazy. But
when I tell people I am going to Busia, they just tell me that the
terrorists are based there haha. I guess that's where they all hang out
these days... I guess I'll be the one to go baptize them.
Let Grandpa know I'm praying for them. I sent them
an email last week, but I don't think I got a reply. That's fun that
you guys are having the Primary program. Haha you know, I even really
miss Primary programs back home. The kids are off the wall here. And
they definitely can't sing as well as they can back home. The time I was
in Masaka we had one Primary program, and none here in Walukuba. They
did sing a couple times for whatever reason, but nothing too big. I'll
tell you though, primary kids are awesome here. At the baptism
yesterday, we had 80 people attend. 50 of them were kids haha. Be quick to
forgive. I have to do that a lot here. It's easy to get offended, but
we all need to understand that no one is even close to perfect. Oh, no
one told me it was Janna's birthday haha. Tay is a good husband. Kitufu
(it's true). WHAT? That's crazy to hear about David! He's dating an 18
year old???!?! Yeah whatever about the car wreck, but seriously? So
young?
I can't wait for my Momma Bear hugs when
I get home. That'll be a sweet return for sure haha. Thanks for all the
love momma. I miss you guys like crazy. Hope you have a good week, and
things aren't too stressful. Let me know if I can do anything! Love ya!
Elder Beardall
| The Resurrection Center. I'm gonna miss these guys yelling up a storm every day |
| Typical meal of Chapatis, pineapple, and potato salad |
Someone wrote their testimony on the board...
|
| Baptism of Mpirirwe Vian! |
No comments:
Post a Comment