Avast, ye scurvy...?
There are a lot of
things in Walukuba that I don't have here. No more good food for a
while I guess. Plus the computers are dang slow too. I'm actually typing
on a lap top right now. Sorry for all the spelling mistakes. It's hard
to correct on this internet. Anyways, first impressions of Busia. Super
hot, and super flat. This place is pretty different. No hills around
anywhere. So that means there are a ton of pedal bodas. They are always
fun, and now I can take em all the time. It is really hot here, and kind
of dry. But it does rain every single evening. Kinda nice. Elder
Thomas, he's the man. Seriously, I'm glad to be with the guy. We are
working hard already, and getting some good stuff done. He's from Idaho,
played linebacking in football, so he's kinda big. He's just a powerful
missionary. Things are good. We are living with Elder Phiri, from Zambia,
and Elder Lephole, from Botswana. They are some crazy fellas haha. They
are a riot.
But yeah, our house is in the middle of bush, and we are right next to the church. Busia is a very new branch, like Masaka, but it hasn't had a senior couple at all, so its kind of... low. haha. Things still have a looooong way to go to develop. The members are good, but man, they really don't have much experience with the church. The classes were all run by us, and we just had to guide them along the whole meeting haha. It is gonna be a different experience out here. One really nice thing about Busia is that since we are right on the border, we get some Kenyan products. Nice bread, different sodas, all that jazz. But the shopping isn't close to us. haha. No more meat for me. I guess missionaries in the past have had members smuggle things from Kenya for them. Whatever. Most of the area is along the highway, and that is where we teach people. It's pretty cool actually. There are a lot of drunk people here, and people speak Swahili. Swahili is insane. Cray cray. So it is kind of fun to have that change. We have a lot of people getting ready for missions. There are no RMs in the branch yet and no endowed members, but they'll get there one day. Our Branch president is the only one active in the branch presidency, so there is some work to do there. Yeah, that's Busia.
Oh, and no I didn't get any mail with the transfer. I probably won't get anything for another 6 weeks, either, cause no one comes out here. There isn't really much to do out here... P-day has been a little boring. We will see if I can keep my sanity.
Anyways, we had a cool experience yesterday. There is a guy named David W. and we are teaching his family. He has the biggest testimony ever, but isn't legally married to his wife. So he is saving up to pay dowry. Anyways, their daughter was sick, with heart problems yesterday, and couldn't even walk. We taught about the Priesthood and offered to give her a blessing. Thomas annointed, and I sealed it, and she just stopped breathing for about 10 seconds, that really worried me. Then she woke up and seemed pretty much fine. Still a little weak, but she could walk across the room. The Priesthood is real, everyone.
That's the week. That's my life haha. I love you all, and thanks for the support and all the love. I will keep you all in my prayers!
Elder Beardall
| I found a Ron Burgundy shirt... |
| Funny murals on school walls |
No comments:
Post a Comment