Oh, mom, you're so weird haha.
How
the heck are ya? Things are goin well here in Walukuba. We are focusing
down on the gators that we have now. But yeah, we did find a great
family through a referral from the Branch Presidency. David and Agnes are
super tight. We only taught them one lesson so far, but they are some
really cool people. Man, Cockbain and I. Holy fetch I love this guy.
He's super cool. I'm learning a lot. He's been a ZL for 11 transfers,
and he's really seasoned on everything. He knows what he's doing, and he
really is the biggest people person. He is also a white South African,
which means some interesting things haha. He likes to pick fights with
people, and arguments and stuff. He's just got a very big personality. I
love the guy. We've been playin Risk at night a ton cause he has the
game. Man, it's just good. Life is good right now. The other guys had a
baptism yesterday, so that was cool. We should be having 2 next week
with MJ and Peace, and then several more this transfer. Yeah, you know,
there really is no end to learning. Go check out Jacob 4:8. That
explains it pretty well. The Branch is doing pretty well. We are always
visiting Momma G cause she's just great. But yeah, we are getting to be
good friends with some of the people. Now that I've been here for almost
5 months, people are starting to remember my name and are getting used
to pronouncing it correctly, so that's good.
We went to a big ol fair thing today. I rode a camel. That was
pretty neat. I didn't get a picture of me on it though, only other
people haha sorry. Then we went on a big ol swings ride. Holy crap mom, I
have never been on something so sketchy in my life. I took a video of
the whole thing, and it is just terrifying. It's all rickety, and
just... you'll see later haha. Oh man, on the 4th of July, we did
something pretty fun. We totally had a big ol barbecue. Like, good
stuff. Got a bunch of Red Bull and Dr. Pepper and meat and just had a
good night. I'll send some rad pics of that. Cockbain is friggin
hilarious when it comes to America. He's a fun guy. Yeah, Walukuba is
pretty. But it really doesn't have that much trash haha. Masaka is way
worse, and Kampala is even worse than that.
Aww man you guys are going camping so much while I'm out here!
I'm stoked to go again one day. That sounds like you guys are having a
lot of fun every time. It'll be good to have the grandparents there
this time too. Haha you are awesome Mom, trust me, you make the best
food in the world. I will TOTALLY help you cook when I get home. I'm
enjoying it more and more nowadays. I'll shoot an email to Carly today
to wish her a happy birthday this week. Going to Red Robin again? haha I
miss that place. Don't worry momma, I'll always be your baby haha.
So we have been making some neat ol bead stuff at Momma G's
lately. Man, who would've guessed I'd be making beads and bags and all
that? You'll see those when I get home though! Hey, I got the package
you guys sent already!!! Just arrived yesterday. 2 and a half weeks was
all it took. Awesome, right? Thanks for all the neat stuffs. The family
history is cool. I haven't finished it yet, but I'll get there. But
yeah, thanks for being awesome to me. I'm surprised it got here so fast.
Our gators are mostly concerned about the commandments,
especially the law of Chastity, and also a lot about there being only one
true church. It's a little difficult to get people to understand that
we are the only true church. They just think we come to talk about
Christ and then bugger off and never see them again. Welp, that's not
what we are here for. We are here to change people's lives!! Thanks for
being so cool. Thanks for the support and love and all that. I love you
guys, and I hope you all have a wonderful week. Let me know if there are
any questions from anyone. I'd be happy to answer anything. Love ya!
Elder Beardall
 |
| "Merica" braai (Ugandan BBQ) |
 |
| Yup. Those are our 'Merica faces. |
 |
| Bead makin skills. |
 |
| Camel rides. |
 |
| Just admirin that meat. |
No comments:
Post a Comment