Monday, May 19, 2014

"Man, I'm gettin good at rugby."

Hey momma.

This week... was somehow better haha. Not so much though. There is just a routine of disappointments sometimes with our investigators. They are all such great people, and are keeping every commitment, except for coming to church. That's the only thing they won't do. And that's the only thing holding them back from baptism. But yeah, it really was so great to hear from you guys last Sunday. Yeah, I am a little bummed still about this transfer. Pres Chatfield isn't moving people... In Iganga and Jinja zones, there were 2 new missionaries. That's it. I know of 8 districts that just stayed the same. He's really trying to build our patience I guess hah. Elder Matli is great, he really is. It's just the little things that REALLY start hitting hard. I could handle everything really well the 1st transfer, but it just wears on me, and you know me, I get frustrated really fast. Then I just murmur in my mind, and it all spirals down until I am just in a bad mood. I am trying to work on things with him, and trying to learn from him this transfer, instead of act like I'm so much better than him, cause I'm not.


Anyways, to answer your questions, I'm studying the BOM in depth right now. I am in Helaman 4 right now, going through it in super marking mode. haha I'm just trying to make it through with a bunch of marks, and really get the depth of each chapter. But I study other stuff every day too, like the PMG. The work is still going along. We have been really frustrated because of church attendance, but we are working more with the branch these days. MJ and Peace are FANTASTIC. They really just need to come to church, because they are so ready for baptism. We DID find an awesome man to teach though. He has a wonderful family and used to be a Muslim. I sent another letter today talking about him more in depth. But yeah, his name is Moses, and he is one of the smartest guys I've met. Yeah, I will probably end up going to Kenya again this transfer, and I might get arrested again haha. There are 6 new elders this transfer, 4 of which who were waiting 5 months to get here haha. So that's good they are finally getting a few of the visas. Good news though, Elder Bennion is in Mpummedde now! Haha so I finally got to see him this morning when we played rugby. Man, I'm gettin good at rugby.


Man, that's great, sounds like things are going really well back home right now. Sorry about work, I know it can be really frustrating, and it really does feel like no one knows your frustrations. But, you know who does haha. Go look up Romans 14:22. I think that's the one. It's a really good one for discouraging times. 
 
 
Haha so part of the frustrations this week was the loss of water, electricity, and phone service. We had no water from Wednesday to Saturday, and no power on Friday. Then our phone service has just been terrible, and we haven't been able to call anyone for appointments, so that made it kind of rough. Oh well, I guess you just gotta deal with what you got. Anyways, we should see some improvement in the branch soon. We are having a fireside with the auxiliary leaders, and kind of a training on how to work with the missionaries, so we can get people to work with us, get referrals, and just welcome people into the branch. So it'll look up I'm sure.


Hey momma, I love ya too. For serious though. Phillipians 4:19... I think... states what you just said about being able to anything with Christ. It's a good one. Hey, you're my favorite missionary too! Go give the Elders in our ward a referral, okay? haha They'll love you I promise! Have a wonderful week, and stay happy, and remember I love ya!

Elder Beardall

A four foot long lizard just lyin dead.

Me and my boy Davis

After water got back, all the people had to fill their Jerry Cans at the tap. There was a line...

My new workout set. Gonna get YOKED.

No comments:

Post a Comment