Monday, May 12, 2014

Arrested in Kenya/Still in Walakuba

Hey Mom,
It was great to talk to you all. Such a wonderful experience! Glad to hear you are all doing so well, and the wedding was great. Haha, yeah, I guess I am sort of getting an African accent, huh? You didn't make me homesick, I promise! Just really happy haha. But yeah, transfer news this morning. Welp, Our whole district is staying the same. It's gonna be a loooooooooong 6 weeks. 9 months with Morris is really taking a toll on me, and we'll see how it is with Matli another time around. So yeah, That's the big news. 
 
Haha, that's right, I promised I'd tell you about Kenya today. Well, we get to the border, and the police let the 6 African Elders through, and then me and the other white guy get held up. They tell us that our passports are expired and handcuff us and put us in a holding room. Funny thing, is they already stamped my passport, and EVERYONE's passport was 5 days late. So, after 2 hours, they let us out because they saw they weren't going to get money. Just, let us go hah. Then we went to Kenya, got some chicken, come back. Guess my visa for Uganda is good for a month, so I might be going to Kenya again soon. Fun story, right? We went to the source of the Nile today to grill up some chicken. It was nice. Man, you know, I was just floating after hearing from you guys yesterday, but I'm a little bummed right now, to be honest. Matli is great, but 3 transfers... is gonna be rough.
It was fine for me to call Brooke, I'm not being disobedient, I promise. And I'm focusing on my mission mom, I promise. I'm glad the reception and everything went well. Sounds like it was a blast. Glad I got to be there in some way. That was great to hear from the cousins, too. I'm glad they are doing well. Wish em a safe journey home for me.  I'll keep everyone in my prayers.
Thanks for the love, it was so great to hear from you guys. I'll continue to try to find people, and enjoy myself out here. Thanks for the photos, too. Have an awesome week.

Elder Beardall

Their eyes are BLUE.

The Source of the Nile

No comments:

Post a Comment