Monday, November 18, 2013

"I'm discovering the seriousness of this gospel."

Hey momma!
How are you? I'm doing well! This week has just been super super busy. The zone leaders came down last night and they are staying until Wednesday, so it's always fun to have those guys around. They're great. Investigators. We are finding new ones, but a big problem with a lot of the new ones is polygamy. We can't baptize them because of that haha. But yeah, I had another baptism yesterday. Simon. We found him at the start of this transfer and he never really progressed well, but we continued to go see him often. Something just clicked, and he turned into an awesome investigator. It is really cool to see someone's growth in just 5 weeks, and to be the one to baptize them. That was a really cool experience. So, that radio thing didn't bounce. Oh well, hah. The apartment is nice compared to the surrounding houses. We actually have running water and stuff hah. But yeah, we have a gate and a wall with razor wire around the whole compound. Then we have a security guard whose job is to basically just open the gate for us. Yeah, lots of bugs and stuff. Hmmm... nothing too funny this week. Just... lots of work haha. I can't send a video on the internet, way too big of a file and it would take a couple hours to send haha. So I will try to send a card in the mail. I'll make copies first, don't worry. Yeah, since the ZLs came, I got my packages hah. I got one from Brooke, and I got your Christmas package already. I only opened one. that was the pick-up-sticks. I just opened it cause I already guessed what it was! haha. And the MEMORY FOAM PILLOW of course. That thing is amazing. THANKS! Lots better than not having a pillow at all haha. I think the Holyoaks are making a feast for us... I dunno haha. Yeah, if we grabbed a chicken off the street, or stole anything, or did any sort of crime, we would most likely die... There's a thing called mob justice here. You'll get stoned to death by the people. We just give each other haircuts, or, if you want to pay like, 500 shillings you can find a barber. It is a terrible haircut though if you let them do it. I just took a 6 and did that all around hah. People don't celebrate holidays because everyone is too busy trying to survive. It's sad, really. I will send a letter as soon as I can. It's just hard being here in Masaka hah. I'm always talkin to Connor! He's doing great. The Holyoak's son served in Orsorno Chile so it is kind of fun to talk about with them. As for me, I feel really far away from home. Cause I am. Haha. I'm doing better. Kind of looking forward to the transfer, but you know, still good.
 
I am glad Lindsay is doing well. UGH THOR. I miss movies a lot, and just having someone to talk to and nerd out a little bit. Oh well. I guess I'll just talk about football to all the elders here. I'm glad I am providing weekly entertainment for everyone! hah.  I've been studying the Plan of Salvation recently, so that's definitely something I'd suggest. Dang Carly, raking in the hotties. Go her. Tell her to get married already hah. I'm so excited, the primary program is next Sunday! Hehe, the kids here are great. They're usually naked, but they're great. Taylor and Janna. They... are just so good for each other haha. I'm stoked about that. I'll try to take a few videos. I just have to think of something! haha
 
I really have learned a lot of personally helpful lessons this week, and I'm discovering the seriousness of this gospel. It's intense, just sayin haha. I am focusing. Really, don't worry about that. Again, there are a lot of stories I would tell you right now, but you wouldn't want to hear them, so I'll leave them for when I get home. Kay? cool. I hope you are all being blessed for my work out here, that's what I want the most. Thanks again so much for that package, and all the love and support. I'll try my best to not open...ALL... of the gifts... hehe
I love you all so so much, and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Beardall

 Simon's baptism
 ???

No comments:

Post a Comment