Momma,
Oh, how I love to hear from you each week! haha. You rock, just sayin. Anyways, yeah. It's sooo so busy. Non stop work all the time. Things havent really slowed down and I don't expect them to haha. We do get to do some fun stuff on p-days, but this one we just cleaned a lot... haha. Don't worry about the traffic, mom. I'm good at Frogger! Yeah, those mosquitos suck... They say Masaka really doesn't have many of them! I hope I stay here for a while. I like it here. We are on week 6 of the transfer. I can't wait for your package! Hope it's a good one! haha. Oh, and I don't actually have a pillow, so I guess I'll have to find something else to hug... You need to get better! Stop being sick! haha. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers, especially Lindsay. I'm seriously so stoked for Taylor right now, haha.
Yeah, I listened on KSL.com for the last 5 minutes of conference. We don't get to watch it until the discs come out. So I will watch in about a month and a half haha. Ahhhh I miss your cooking! Everything I
make sorta sucks... Haha. We have been making a ton of fun stuff though. We have found things to make cookies and stuff. The chocolate is way expensive though, and it really just doesn't taste that good. But hey, you deal with what you've got, right? Ah, Thank you all so much for being so supportive, I really wouldn't be out here without your encouraging words and prayers. But yeah, I'm starting to really learn to rely on the Lord because that really is the only option that I have left. So, some sad news. Two of our strongest investigators were interviewed for baptism for yesterday, and they both failed. The first, Julias, is an awesome college student. But he heard some rumors about the church, and decided he doesn't want to meet with us anymore. Freakin sucks. There are a ton of bad rumors floating around here. Then George, he is a very faithful guy. Only reason he failed is because he is illegally married and has a kid, so until they get married, they can't be baptized. Who knows how long that will take. But yeah, those would've been my 3rd and 4th baptisms in 2 and half weeks. The people in the branch are great, but the meetings are too different to even describe. They have no clue basically what they are doing. No one knows the hymns, they don't know what the meeting is organized like, and tons of stuff. Heck, the sacrament prayers were pretty bad. I counted 12 times that the priest blessing the bread had to start over the prayer haha. It is cool how they are pioneers though. They really are showing so much faith. I have gotten to know a few really well. A member, Ivan, always comes to work with us. He is prepping for his mission right now. Should get his call in a couple weeks. Great guy. We have done a ton of service haha. Lots of digging. And we repaired a wall with cement. We had to mix it all with our hands, so my hands are all torn up right now haha. It really is so different, mom. This place is insane. I know I say that all the time, but that's the only way I can describe it. It rains SO much. And when it rains, it really rains hard. It's actually pouring right now. I'm still adjusting a lot to everything. The food, the way people talk, everything. It's just really frustrating sometimes. I'm trying though. I really am having a hard time with some of the people and their rude comments toward me though. Whether it's because I'm white, or I'm a missionary, people are really just ruthless sometimes. They just don't understand how much this church could help them! Ahhh! I just wanna convert everyone, haha. I'm still trying to find all the joy everyone promises, but I'm seeing more and more each day.
Thanks for that hug momma. Wish it was a real one though! haha. I'll try to send pictures, but I don't know if the internet speed will let me. We'll see haha. Thanks for being my biggest fan, mom. I really wish I would've been more attentive to your teachings when I was growing up. I'm really starting to appreciate what I have back home. Kay, well, I've gotta head. We have even more super nasty apartment to clean haha. Hope you are all staying strong with this gospel. It really is the most true thing on this earth. Man, still weird to think it's getting colder there... and that it's like, 6 in the morning there... haha weird. Love you all so so much, and I can't wait to hear from you next week!
Elder Beardall
No comments:
Post a Comment