Monday, August 17, 2015

"Feels kinda like part of me will just stay here forever."

Hey hey Momma B!

Oh boy. This is kinda weird, isn't it? haha. This coming week is gonna be a pretty strange one.
This week was a great one! We had an amazing week. Some really good success. First off, we had our 3 baptisms. Then. we found FOUR families this week!!! That was a very big miracle. I feel very comfortable now that the area is going to be awesome. There are some really great people to teach now, and Elder Ntuzela is gonna be amazing. His new comp is Elder Musona, from Zimbabwe. I was in a house with him in Lira. The work is just great right now. I had to give a final testimony at church yesterday, and I never would have thought, but people were crying haha. It was a pretty rough day at church, feels kinda like part of me will just stay here forever. I'll tell ya, Mutungo is just the best. I am happy to have finished here. Some amazing people.

Yeah, I had my interview with pres this week. It was one heck of an experience. Wow, that guy is inspired. We mostly talked about ways to help the mission in the future, then he gave me some really good counsel on some things, and then we talked about my mission as a whole. He told me some really amazing things. I definitely felt Heavenly Father's love that day. Some really personal and sacred things were talked about, that made me so grateful for the tender mercies God gives to us. Just wow. I'll tell you more about that stuff soon I think haha.

I am with Elder Taylor right now. We are just emailing for a few minutes right now, and then some more later, but we are gonna go souvenir shopping in a little bit. We are just getting a little too excited haha. This guy will be a good friend in the future.
Yeah, it's not so much about the nice things I have back home or anything like that. Honestly, being out here has made me realize something, is it's the relationships that are so sentimental and crap. I love it. The only thing we will take with us to the next life is our relationships, our wisdom, and our desires. As I have been here and missed home, those are the things that have stuck with me. I forget all the movies and crap like that, but I'll always remember the good stuff. Even here, I remember the good stuffs. Yeah, I do feel that the hard times are so great after you experience them. That is just how it works. Busia was the hardest part of my mission, but also my favorite. It's kinda funny how that works, isn't it?
Yeaaaaahhh I have a lot to tell ya when I get back. Ha.

Yeah, you are the best at feeding people, you know that? I always loved your food, and I think I will just come to love it even more now haha. Ahhh good ol Morris. It'll be good to see him! I am totally fine with quiet time, don't worry haha. I think I will be just fine without a companion. It will feel a bit weird at first, but I'm sure I'll get past that. I'm kinda nervous and excited at the same time to just see how things have changed, and also how I've changed. It'll be an adventure, I'm sure.
I am thinking I will take some sleeping pills or something, case I really just struggle on plane rides. I can't ever sleep.  I'll try though, I promise haha.

Well, as my mission comes to a close, I just can't help but feel so grateful. I really just couldn't bear to think if I didn't serve. It was a little hard to sleep last night knowing that I'm just about finished... It's kinda sad actually. I have grown to love this place so much, and the people are just the best people ever. I love it here. I love the Gospel I got to talk about in depth every day. I love the missionaries I've served around for 2 years. It wasn't easy at all, and a lot of it was just heartbreaking and just not pleasant at all, but in the end, I've enjoyed every second of it. I can't wait to start a new chapter in my life, but I know that I will always love my mission. It was the best. I guess it's God's will for me to come home now, so I'll do it.

Thanks so much for everything momma. I can't begin to tell you how much you have helped me just through the occasional email. Also, thanks for making so much preparations for my homecoming haha. You ARE the best. Love ya.
 
Well, I guess I'll see you on Friday!
Love,
Elder Beardall

African Checkers.

Just clever.


No comments:

Post a Comment