Monday, May 4, 2015

"We got to finally watch General conference this last weekend."

Hey momma B!
Things are good around here these days. Zone conference was fantastic. President Chatfield really is inspired. We talked a lot about using our time wisely, and it gave us a lot of encouragement. We had a pretty good wake up call when President made some more choices for obedience so we would be able to catch up on our baptism goal for the year. He has had to send a lot of missionaries home lately, and we are losing a lot of missionaries from transfers. More are going home than coming, so many areas will be closing down pretty soon here. But he gave us some really great words to motivate us to reach our goal. Hard work is something we are trying to step it up on. I have noticed a positive difference in this district already. The work is moving along, not as fast as we need it to yet, but it is getting there. We also got to finally watch General conference this last weekend. It was fantastic. Seriously. This has been my favorite one so far. I really liked the focus on families. There were so many talks that very specifically talked about families, and most related their talks to helping the family. Pretty neat stuffs.
Yes, I really do love Lira. It is a lot of fun. The people here are unlike any other people I have served around. They do feed us quite a bit here. I enjoy that part a lot, but it is making me fat, still. Elder Salisbury is just the best. I am really enjoying my time with him. Never really had a companion I can be this goofy around, so it makes for a good time.
Investigators are good. We have had to drop a few people, because they are having a very difficult time committing. We also keep getting awesome and powerful investigators, but then find out they are in some other area. Like, far. But, as long as they get the Gospel, I'm fine. The spiders are still there. We named them Galloping spiders, because they don't crawl across the floor, they gallop. It's kinda freaky.
Hmmm... funny things this week. Well, nothing really too funny, but there were some intense moments of persecution. Oh, and I saved Elder Hamlett's life. He was choking on a piece of pork, and I totally Heimliched him. It was neat. This district would be dead without me, ha!
 
No, senior couple visits yet. The couple up in Gulu are actually in South Africa right now. The guy had a heart attack and got life-flighted. Pretty scary, but he's okay now. 
 
Man, that is good of Connor to come visit you guys. Good kid. I can't wait to see him again, dangit. I am a little nervous to go home though. I try not to think about it, but it's coming super fast. I'm gonna be weird, aren't I?
Whew, glad you aren't gonna die. I've been praying for that! You guys really have quite a busy week planned, huh? Well, I will probably be calling you guys in YOUR morning time. So... yeah. I am pretty sure you have 1:00 church right now, but I will call early to be safe.
Momma. I love ya! I hope this week goes well, tell me how everything is. Don't worry about me, I am being mostly safe. It's only Uganda. Haha bye!
Elder Beardall


Our neat District

The hunk of Pork Elder Hamlett choked on


More birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment