Elder Salisbury is a good kid. He's the
first companion I have had that I can actually talk about video games
and stuff haha. Likes to joke around a lot, which is really a good thing and a relief. Work still gets
done, but we enjoy ourselves. He is a tall guy. He is
really goofy. But I guess that is a good match for me! haha. I know Elder Lamb. He is a really good guy. I haven't been able to
see him for a long time. So when we have a zone function, I will get to
see the little bugger again. He is over in Adyel right now. I will make
sure to mention Janna when I meet him again. But no, I never would have
guessed I would be living in Lira.
Chobe really wasn't that great. Honestly,
the animals were kind of lame. Really didn't see much.The pics
that I sent are like, all we got haha. Maybe next time I go, if there is a
next time, I will get some more for ya. Ever, haha. If you wanna go
see animals, go to Hogle zoo haha. There are more there than I have seen
on my mission. But man, that food was ridiculously good. I can't wait
to have YOUR food again. I might die cause it is so good.
The
investigators! Not too bad. Tony is having commitment problems. We went
there with President, and had a powerful lesson, and he told us that he
believe it is all true, and the BOM is the Lord's word, and he would
come to church. Well, he didn't come to church. His sons did, but I
guess they didn't get the time right, because they came for the typical
'morning service' that most churches have here. They showed up at 6:30
and church starts at 10:00 haha. So hopefully next time with them. We
got a couple of really powerful referrals this week, and are hoping to
get some good work done with them. The branch is doing great. They just
had a nice Elder's Quorum activity about home-teaching, because last month
they reported about 22%. So there is room for improvement, but things
are great. We are doing lots of service lately. Lots of digging these
days, with the new rainy season. I am good at digging now. Give me a
huge plot of land when I get home and I will cultivate the crap out of
it.
Sorry to hear about your student. That is
never easy. I really wish things like that didn't happen. All you can
really do is talk it out with God, and be an example to others in how
you deal with it. You are a really strong lady, mom. Trust me, I do know
that. People, especially myself, look to you for strength and help.
Just remember the basics; prayer, scriptures, and fasting. They really
work.
Glad you got to go to Connor's
homecoming. That kid is the best. It is gonna be so strange when that
happens for me. I don't know if I am ready for it haha. I don't know if I
can handle that many white people in one room yet. But yeah, thanks for
the update on everyone. It is always nice to hear.
I
don't really know if that SD card is ever gonna show up to you guys. I
sent it like, 5 weeks ago I think. Somethin like that. Oh well. Just
give it a few more months and I'll personally show em all to ya.
We
are all healthy, still enjoying life and the work, and things are good.
I love you mom! Stay awesome, stay strong, and most important, stay
HAPPY dangit. I am happy when you are happy! Have a wonderful week, and
let me know if there are any specific questions from anybody so I can
answer then! Bye!
Elder Beardall
No comments:
Post a Comment