Hey momma!
Well, I will start with the news I guess. I am moving! I'm headed up
to be a DL in Lira up in the north. I will be 'mothering' again. My comp
is going to be Elder Dabb. I don't know where exactly he is from, but I
do know he is from the states haha. So that
will be something to adjust to again. Working with an American.
Something I'm not used to haha. But yeah, the whole district is staying
the same besides me, and the zone is the same besides me and Elder
Gwazvo. He is moving to Rwanda! Lucky duck. I am excited
to leave, but I am sad to leave. It's nice to have the change, but I
really do love Busia so much. And this zone. It's just great haha. Busia has taught me a lot. Things are very different here. I could say
it was a very humbling experience, being here. I love it so much though.
This branch is amazing, and I love the people. It was very hard, yeah,
but it was awesome, too. I am really going to miss it all. I honestly
feel like Busia was my most effective area so far. I hope it was. But
no worries. I am happy to go to the north. Only thing I really worry
about is the sunshine... It is SUPER hot up there.
I am gonna burn so bad. They speak something called Langi. It sounds a lot like Chinese. It's a
super hard language haha. I hear the work is pretty good up there, but
the branch is struggling a lot with rumors and stuff. They just have a
rented building that is the above floor of a bank. I am going to enjoy
talking about football and stuff again for sure haha.
This week was a loooonnnnng one. Lots of scrambling around
trying to make sure everything was prepared for
next transfer while my comp slept. We had 6 baptisms as a district
yesterday. 5 were from our side. It was so awesome. Richard, Gerald,
Brian, Fred, and Sylvain. They were so dang happy. We didn't go to the
lake though. Actually, Pres Chatfield has set a new
policy in the mission that there should not be any more baptisms in the
lake or rivers or anything, and that happened right before he heard
about my baptism in the lake, so I think I might have been the last
missionary in the whole mission to baptize in Lake
Victoria. Sick, huh? haha. Anyways, the font was still giving us
trouble. We spent the whole week trying to fill it. No water the whole
time. Except for Wednesday. We filled it up, and of course, it doesn't
hold water. It just started spewin out the corners
and it just sucked. So that was lame. Then I just decided to go down to
the "hardware" store and buy a tarp and shove that in the font so it
would hold water. Bam. That did it. We got it filled finally on Sunday
morning just before the baptisms. That was a
miracle haha.
But, hopefully the new DL, Elder Empy will know what he
is doing. I heard some good things about the guy. I just hope he can do
better than I did at motivating J to work. The investigators are
great. Not a lot of luck in finding, but we
just started teaching the rest of Brian's family, and they all came to
his baptism and were so excited about it all. So that is awesome, because
they are just a fantastic family. I am excited to see the north. I have
heard so much about it. They speak a completely
different language there. Lira is another branch that is newer, and
struggling a little bit. So we will see what I get to deal with this time.
Aysh, That's intense. Open heart isn't something to play around with. I
hope that all goes well. Let everyone know I am praying for him. That is so
cool Carly is pretty much finished with school.
She is gonna make BANK. You're right, Lindsay really is an awesome
writer. That would be awesome to see her write a novel or edit some
newspaper or whatever writers do. She always blew me away with that neat
little poem she wrote. And heck, her emails to me
use words I've never heard of haha. Nice, glad to hear you guys are
doing so well. Does grandpa drive over for dinner during the week then?
Man, I can't wait to just have a nice family meal for once. That will be
so awesome! I am hoping to stop by the one
fast food restaurant in the country when I am moving to Lira. KFC.
Holla.
That will be good to meet the Taylor's. I wonder how they are. I
loooooved the Wallace's. They were the best! MAN. Cole is home! That is
so weird! It's gonna be strange seeing all my buddies get home before
me. Tell the kid I say hi!
Don't worry, mom. I know that obedience is the only way to bring
the blessings. I just hope that Elder Dabb and I can get some good work
done together. I'm sure we will. I saw his picture. He looks like a good
kid. Right on. I love you! Thanks for being
amazing! Make sure you stay that way please! Haha have a great week!
Elder Beardall
I am so sorry but the internet cafe we have been at the last few weeks is just awful. I will try to get pictures again.| This a picture from the Squire's blog of the baptisms that took place Sunday. |
No comments:
Post a Comment