Monday, November 10, 2014

"I was deep in the forest bush, mom. Somethin I won't forget."

Yo yo yo Momma B!


Howdy. My week is goin. Missionary life in the Land Bountiful is wonderful, as always. Yes! I did get the package, and I am so thankful for it! Thank you so so so much. The shirt does still fit, quite well actually. I'm not THAT fat. I didn't make the cake yet. I figured I would do all the stuff for the birthday like the cake and decorations for someone else's birthday when it comes. Haha there were a few things in there from Tay's mish, I think. I have too many stickers to even know what to do with them haha. Don't worry about sending me packages, mom. If money is tight, then don't! You guys have never disappointed before, so I don't worry haha. I haven't had a comp who got a package while I've been with them yet. A few get letters here and there. I haven't gotten any letters for months... haha. I've given up hope of mail. I just figure there are millions of letters coming in for me, but the Ugandan mail system won't get them to me. That's what I like to think, at least haha. Man, Jemba is a goon. I love this kid. There are a lot of moments of misunderstandings, more so than with other African comps, but we have fun and we work well. I feel like most of his mission he has had some really disobedient comps... because he usually is surprised when we do certain things, as if he hadn't really done them before. He is as old as me on mission, so that's kinda weird. It's a little hard to connect, because he doesn't know what I am talking about ever, and sometimes it's a little lonely because he is always talking to people in their local languages, which I don't understand. So yeah, it's really different being with a Ugandan, but it's all good. We get by just fine.
 
 
 Investigators are good! We set a few baptism dates this week. The Waffle fam is doing really well. They are expecting money to come in this week, so we are preparing for the 29th for the wedding. Hopefully that works out, because I really wanna see this family get baptized. They rock. We have a new progressing investigator. She is a daughter to a member, and we just started teaching her this week. Her name is Katy. She's super powerful. I guess her mom taught her like, everything, so when we go to teach, it is pretty much just reviewing with her. Then we have Dago. He was taught about 2 years ago by missionaries, but couldn't be baptized because his parents were Muslim. When someone converts to another faith when they are Muslim, it's intense. Lets just say that it is technically 'legal' for them to kill that person. Yeah, they don't like that very much. The Qur'an is a very confused book. But, we have been able to get a signed letter from his parents saying it is okay for his baptism now, and we are meeting the father this week. So he is probs gonna get dunked on the 23rd. Good guy. Man, the district. I got lucky to be with these guys for my first transfer as a DL. They really work hard, and make things a lot easier on my part. We had a super powerful DDM this last week, and I just felt awesome afterwards. You know, I really am doing better lately. I have found that the more positive I am, and the harder I focus on the work here, the happier I become. It's great.


Oh man, hardest thing this week? We keep getting called to the church by our Branch president. He is holding meetings to clear up rumors and all that stupid stuff going around. But yeah, this has been going on for awhile now. I have to sit in every single meeting for the church here and represent Pres. Chatfield. It's just really frustrating cause I can't say anything. I just have to sit and watch. It's either all the crap going on in the branch, or our experience with a pastor this week that was hard. We have taught this guy, Fred, several times, and he just comes out on our 5th lesson and tells us he is a pastor, and just rails on the church, and blasts us. Man, that makes me MAD when that happens. But, people have their agency, so we just testify and leave. The Apostasy is real, folks.


Best things that happened? I've got 2. First of all, when we broke the fast with the Waffle fam, the mom shared something really cool. We went to talk about recognizing blessings a couple days later, and she said that a miracle had happened. I guess she had been praying for years, and included this in the fast, but they were able to find their 2 nieces that day. These 2 girls had been gone FOR 10 YEARS. The mother died, and these 2 girls just vanished. So that was super sick. Then, we went with our Branch Pres to go and see his 1st counselor. This guy is super less active, right? Man I didn't know he stayed so far away. We borrowed some bikes, and rode for 3 hours into the DEEP bush to go visit this guy in his mud hut. Imagine mountain biking for 3 hours in Priesthood attire on a street bike. It was super awesome. Anyways, we had a great visit, and invited him to church, and he promised to come and fulfill his calling this next week. Man, it was crazy. I was deep in the forest bush, mom. Something I won't forget.
 
 
It's weird to think how little time I have left. Honestly, it's kinda freaking me out a little bit. My comp is going to move to the States after his mission to go to LDS business college, and live with a family he knows there. I really wonder, because it is going to be a HUGE change for him. Like, it will be a much bigger culture shock for him to go there than it was for me to come here. We will see. I will get to introduce you guys to him one day! haha


Man, mom, you are a champ. For serious, you are awesome. Thanks for always trying so hard at work. I don't think you get enough credit for all the crap you have to deal with, haha. Motivating people is the hardest thing ever. I have already noticed that as a leader. I'm glad you had a great birthday. I was praying that you would. You deserve it! Thanks for sparing me the details on delicious food, haha. Mom, you really are the best ever. I want you to know that. Please don't get down on yourself. Elder Ellis said something, that I think applies to a lot more than missionary work. "Discouragement is of the Devil." It is super simple, but when you think about it, it's so true. Stay awesome mom. You really are a fantastic mother, and I love you to death. I really am seeing a lot more blessings, lately. I think as we notice the small things, it gives us a better view on life.
 
 
My shirts are getting a little trashed, but I have a few new ones I haven't opened yet. My shoes are getting wrecked, but I am determined to make them last my whole mish. I will be fine. But if I do need something, I'll let you know.
Thanks for everything momma. I love ya! Keep on keepin on, and keep the commandments!


Elder Beardall



Some kids that I just thought were super funny


My comp is from Uganda, and doesn't really know how to use a refrigerator. Well, he put a bunch of bananas in the freezer...

No comments:

Post a Comment